I think I have a Request I Can't View!

Courtney32
Level 1
Minnesota, United States

I think I have a Request I Can't View!

Help! I use the AirBnB app to check my stats regularily (I am new to this hosting thing and don't want to miss a reservation!). I had my frist reservation made in November for a weekend in December. I watched every day the views increase until finally this person reserved the house. Since then, I listed a week in December that the house is available. Again, I have watched the views increase day after day until finally my Stats said "30 Views, 2 Requests, 2 Reservations". However, I can't actually SEE the reservation! 

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I missing something? I recieved no emails (which I have turned on so I don't miss anything), and my views have stopped increasing once that phantom "second reservation" came through...

Courtney

6 Replies 6
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Courtney32 This may seem like a dumb question, but besides depending on your normal email to receive notifications, do you a) have text alerts (and app "Notifications") enabled, and b) do you  check your AirBnB messages by logging in (on the web site, not from a phone) and looking under Messages? If not, I'd give that a look.

Also, the info reported on the Stats page isn't really reliable. In our case, it will often report things like "17 views" but no requests or reservations (for many days in the past, not just the most recent couple of days) when we have had requests and we have accepted some reservations. I can imagine it erring in the opposite direction, too.

Courtney32
Level 1
Minnesota, United States

Thank you for the response Dede! Yes I do check my account on my computer regularly and have all email notifications turned on. 

@Courtney32 So, I suspect the unreliable Stats page. If you don't see any requests in your messages, etc, you're probably safe to assume that the "hits' reported in Stats were bogus. Of course, you (and I) still want to receive some legit looks/requests/books, but that's a different issue.

Also, a couple of minor suggestions... Under the Amenities section, you have WiFi checked off, but you don't have "Internet" checked off. If you have WiFi, you have Internet, so check that off. Also, even though you say the rental is for the "Entire space" (or whatever) you don't have "Private entrance" checked off. Fix that. Both of those seemingly minor things could be blocking you out of some guest's searches.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Stats are also in a time delay of several days. Best to look at the Dashboard for anything you have to act on or under My Reservations. Don't worry about the Stats. Good luck.

I think I have thever same problem,  I have in the views 199 and in request's 10, but none of these requests reached to me

I got a notification that I have a request I deleted it from my notification bar.. But how to view your request from the app airbnb... And also how to change the price after setting your add...