I would like to change my cancellation policy to super strict 30 days

Deborah32
Level 1
Balgowlah Heights, Australia

I would like to change my cancellation policy to super strict 30 days

Hi,

How do I get approval to amend my cancellation policy to super strict 30 days.

Thanks

Deborah

6 Replies 6
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Deborah32

As you are in Balgowlah Heights Deb, contact Airbnb on 8520 3333 and ask them to asses your situation to be able to set your cancellation policy.

A Super strict cancellation policy is only available in certain circumstances and can only be accessed by invitation from the company.

Another thing to consider, your service fees % will increase if you are permitted to set a Super strict policy!

Sorry, It is not just as simply as going to settings and clicking 'cancellation policy'!!

Cheers.....Rob

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Deborah32

Super strict is reserved for very high end properties, and very expensive ones -which also tend to be very large and accommodate a high number of guests. While your place is beautiful it really  doesn't fall into that category as it is similar to many other properties in the area. No harm in trying as @Robin4 says. 

Good luck!

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Deborah32 @Robin4 @Gerry-And-Rashid0

Super Strict 30 and Super Strict 60 Day cancellation policies are also available, as standard,  to the "professional" operators on the site, along with many other preferential policies and practices that are denied to the regular hosts, giving the pros unfair commercial advantage (now illegal under EU legislation)

However, Airbnb continues to list both regular and professionals right alongside each other in searches, with no distinction between the two, even though they were ordered to make the relevant changes to all EU language versions of the site by January 1, 2019. 

I have been asking Airbnb - repeatedly -why these changes haven't been made yet, including asking an Ireland Country manager the same questions face to face at a meeting last week, and pointing out that the new EU legislation states that listing professional operators alongside small independent hosts is misleading to consumers and gives unfair commercial advantage to the "pros". So far though, nobody will give me a straight answer. Or any sort of an answer other than "Eh....we'll get back to you on that" I won't be giving up anytime soon though. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Susan17

Susan, you are the backbone of Airbnb, you are too good a host to be compromised on this platform.

But being a good host is one thing, being a thorn in Airbnb's side is another. We accept that when we join the Community Centre we will always act and speak in the interests of the community centre, the community and of the company!

I have had some fairly caustic things to say about Airbnb over the past year but, Susan, I have drawn a line as far as criticism is concerned. Sometimes I have edited posts where I feel I may have crossed that line and gone from critical to belligerent! I am aware that my tenure here is at Airbnb's discretion!

I would hate either you or I, or any of the other prolific contributors here to go down the path that David from Como went down last year when he was not only delisted, his account was closed.

I cried for David when he gave his last post here and explained what had happened. He had been an inspiration to us all for more than 3 years, and all of a sudden he was gone. I don't know the circumstances and the slant that David put on it was no doubt from his perspective....he was in the business of Airbnb-ing  one day, out of it the next.

My feeling Susan is, we give our thoughts and our advice to the company, but we stop short of challenging them.

I absolutely don't want to lose you too because you may have hit a raw nerve in Airbnb's halls of power!

Cheers......Rob

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Robin4

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall, "Friends of Voltaire", 1906

"Silence is the ocean of the unsaid, the unspeakable, the repressed, the erased, the unheard. It surrounds the scattered islands made up of those allowed to speak and of what can be said and who listens"

Rebecca Solnit, Essay - "Silence and Powerlessness Go Hand in Hand", 2017

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Susan17

"A voice is only a voice if there is someone to hear it"  Robin Shannon ...CC waffle, 2019!

I wish that people like you Susan did actually have an input into how this company is run. You have a tireless spirit and a bold approach to actually call a spade a spade, and you have the tenacity of a Jack Russell  terrier. But most of all you have the mind of an entrepreneur not an accountant. And that is something that needs to be heard. Think about that!

Cheers.....Rob