Instant Book only until a Certain Date?

Anne-Marie10
Level 2
Val-David, Canada

Instant Book only until a Certain Date?

My calendar is synced to my management software using an iCal link.  So, it is fully open for the future.   This is fine, except my rates vary constantly based on demand.  I usually fill in my AirBnB Rates 4-6 months in advance.    I obviously cannot fill in the dates for years in the future.   

How far in the future will Instant Book take reservations?   Is there a way to limit this without blocking off my calendar?   I want to say something like "Instant book until  XX Date"  or "Instant Book MAXIMUM only 6 months into the future"

Does this exist?   If not, how does everyone deal with this??   

Thanks for the time!

Diana

2 Replies 2
Brittany1
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Hi Diana,

I havent heard of a way to limit the amount of time you can use Instant Book but you can limit how far ahead someone can book all together. In your calendar under the Availability Settings on the upper right hand corner of the page there is an option to select "how far ahead guests can book". That way you could just leave Instant Book on but limit the "how far ahead" to three or six months.

If you want to leave your calendar unblocked, I would recommend editing your calendar further ahead, we make sure ours is priced accurately for the next year. We always price higher the further a date is away. Then gradually lower if we aren't already full as we get a month or two out.

Thanks!  This exactly the answer I needed.