Laundry Service-DC Metro Area

Ebonee0
Level 1
Washington, DC

Laundry Service-DC Metro Area

Do any Washington DC host have a reccomendation for a laundry servce for Airbnb rentals?

I have 2 units and provide my own linens. My cleaners have difficulty doing laundry onsite.

Is the only option a company that proides their own linens like Guest Prep? I didn't like that Guest Prep will not provide a comforter. I want each guest to have a clean comforter becuase that is my own standard. 

I want managing my units to be as turnkey as possible beause I work a full time job and have rentals that are booked back-to back so I don't have time to travel to my properties to do laundry myself.

1 Reply 1
Lauren620
Level 2
Washington, DC

Hi Ebonee,

Great question! Any Airbnb hosts quickly realizes the need to streamline operations. As the founder of Elevest Rentals, which provides short term rental accommodations, I am in a never-ending R&D mode to identify the most efficient ways to manage operations. There are a few linen service company's in the DC area. You essentially rent the linens and they take of laundering them (Linenservice.com, Metro Linen Service, Tristate linen service, etc). Also there are Airbnb Cleaners that will do laundry service for you for an additional fee. These options were not the most economical because I already invested in my stock of linens, so I didn't need the rental service and paying the fee for cleaners to do the laundry was driving up my costs.

What I do is use laundry delivery service. They charge per pound of laundry ($1.50-2.5/lbs).  Rinse is an online market place for independent laundry do-ers. The app is great but the consistency among different launders varies. I currently work with Laundry Mom. Her system is not as automated. You text her when you need service. But their laundry service is fast, consistent, and high quality.

I am constantly checking out what companies are offering around here to refine my operations. So I would still check out those laundry rental companies if I were you. I hope this helps. Let me know what worked for you!