Let’s send some Love and do a Rain dance for our Aussie and South American Friends...

Susan1028
Level 10
Oregon, US

Let’s send some Love and do a Rain dance for our Aussie and South American Friends...

7 Replies 7
Bryan10
Level 10
Feltham, United Kingdom

It looks really bad this week, specially around Sydney, Aus. Really feeling for you guys this week. Sorry to say it's cold and soggy wet in London at the mo. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Just emailed my bro in NSW (Bellingen) to see how they were doing. Fires to the north, west and south of them, ocean to the east 😞

Oh @Sarah977, I do hope your brother is ok. These fires have been absolutely devastating, already 150 homes lost and three dead. Not to mention the loss of old growth forests and animals, including one of the last remaining healthy populations of koalas in the country. The fires over here are getting worse and worse each year, and the arrival of summer is almost enough to fill one with dread these days. However, according to our deputy PM in response to these fires, and I quote, those who keep 'going on' about climate change are nothing but 'raving lunatics'. Try telling that to the people trying to save their homes. Sending my thoughts and prayers to your brother and his family.

@Kath9  Thanks for the concern. You may have heard his radio music broadcasts- the Global Village and Tiki Lounge. It's such a small world- I have a neighbor down the road- she's Mexican but lived in Australia for 13 years. One day we were talking and I mentioned my brother lived in Oz- she asked where and what he did. When I told her, she said that was her favorite radio show that she used to listen to all the time and she was in love with his speaking voice and imaginied he must be so handsome 🙂

@Sarah977, I've heard of Global Village but not sure whether it's broadcast on this side of the country. Do you know if it's on national radio? I'll look them up though as they sound like my kind of music! 

@Kath9  I'm not sure if Global Village is still running- I know Tiki Lounge is.

"

The Tiki Lounge Remix is a weekly audio venue where you can hear the latest in creative world music, contemporary jazz, digital beats and other sonic exotica, along with insightful feature interviews with artists, producers and festival organisers.

Presented by music journalist-broadcaster Seth Jordan, the program is produced in the studios of 2BBB in Bellingen NSW, and distributed nationally around Australia via the Community Radio Network (CRN).

Seth is the Pacific correspondent for Songlines magazine (UK), and also writes for Rhythms magazine (Australia). He was the Contributing Editor for the book 'World Music: Global Sounds in Australia' (2010 UNSW Press).

The Tiki Lounge is presented and produced by Seth Jordan and associate producer Kye Ruigrok"

@Sarah977 Great thanks Sarah, I will check out CRN and see if I can find it! I thought community radio was only broadcast by local communities, but I could be wrong. That would be so cool to listen to your bro on the radio!