Listing options for rentals

Gregory11
Level 3
Ibiza, Spain

Listing options for rentals

How stupid are Airbnb ??  They actually removed the search option filter for -"what  property type are you searching for ?"

Now ALL potential guests searching for a house or villa are made to look in the listing for every thing including all apartments !!!

As more than 90% of all listings are for apartments its so unnecessary - guests are made to look through endless listing of apartments trying to find a house/villa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Previously there was a "more options" list which has now been  removed !!!

Its was under  the heading "accommodation type"- "a room / an apartment/ a house or villa / ect ect .

So why has Airbnb made this change ?????????????????

Even Flipkey has the lodgical heading RENTAL TYPES :-  any/private room/house/apt-condo/villa/ resort

Airbnb what is the advantage of doing this stupid change ????

Airbnb have also recently added in additional l options lists like - wheel chair access/ pet friendly/ exercise equipment ect ect ect

which helps guests in their searches - BUT again they have removed the more important time saving user friendly filter like what type of a accomdation are you actually looking for !!!  

As most guests looking for houses/villa DONT want to waste time looking at apartments !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please correct this backward step and giving Flipkey the reason their website is more user friendly !!!!!!!!!

4 Replies 4
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Gregory11,

Airbnb does a lot of things people don't like but if it really bothers you, why not keep your business at Flipkey?

I would encourage you to share these views at https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback and the more people who do this, the more likely this option will be brought back.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Gregory11,

Welcome to the Community Center! As this is an issue you want to raise to Airbnb, along with using the feedback link provided by @Dave-and-Deb0, you could also post it in Host Voice as an idea about an improvement to the platform, "Host Voice is a tool for sharing your ideas with Airbnb where you can suggest new features or improvements to existing features." 

I have moved it out of Host Newsletter as that board is simply for reading and discussing the newsletters. 

Let me know if you have any questions about this! 

Kirstie

I really miss "Property type" filter.

I wanted to look for a house and i'm forced to browse all those apartments. It won't change my mind and i won't look for a flat instead a villa.

It just make me frustrated. Will book with homeaway this year.

Sorry Airbnb but not this year

hi Kristie - while your idea of posting  in the hope someting might be done regarding my question /request about why the "Property Type" option has now been removed from the guests search options which is now more time consuming and fustrating for ALL potiental guests !!!

The fact is there is NO lodgical reason for its removal and the 3 supervisors that I have spoken about this subject all agree that they can not understand why its has been done - are you sure its not a technical fault rather than an illogical change for the worst ????????????

If not please ask a Senior Supervisor for a lodgical reason for its removal !!!!!!

kind regards - Gregory **