Meeting the guests vs off site hosting

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Meeting the guests vs off site hosting

Still trying to navigate this piece. We have our weekend cottage on AirBNB and its about 30 mins from our home. As guests ourselves we have had everything from amazing to downright bizarre hosts (one lady literally peeked in our windows as we were having breakfast) so I always try to leave it up to the guest to say if they want to meet us or not. Our place is great for a relaxing weekend so I get it if you don't want me telling you all about my antique jewelry business or cat's latest antics. We try to make things personal for guests even if we don't meet them by leaving a treat a check in based on their preference and hand written notes. But because we are not onsite and have a keypad, we don't always meet everyone. We certainly show up for any issues. (Separate topic-- for hosts with fireplaces HOW DO YOU HANDLE people who can't understand you need to open a flue? Even with instructions...)

As a guest, do you always like meeting your hosts? Or prefer to? If you are an offsite host is there any language you use to encourage a meeting or make it seem less pressured? 

0 Replies 0