Mentor Host

Cam0
Level 2
Evanston, IL

Mentor Host

I am helping 2 people list their homes on Airbnb and I am helping them to learn how to host. I have been hosting for almost 2 years.

I have already signed up to be a Mentor Host, however they don't get any invites to find a mentor host on in their accounts.

How can they connect to me officially, so that I can get recognized for being a Mentor Host? Thanks Beth

9 Replies 9
Yvan-and-Thy0
Level 1
Paris, France

Hi!

I ve been a mentor for more than a month for one host and now for another one, i havent got any answers from them, nothing, and no booking .... No way to check what s happening ... Is it something other mentors have experienced?

Yvan

Bonjour Yvan, yes I did experience the same situation.

I received a mail from a girl in Paris, I wrote to her immediately

but she never replied back. Then today I went to her add and asked for a booking

she replied saying "tout va bien" ....

Don't really understand what is this mentor thing for ...

and why airbnb uses energy to launch new ideas instead of reinforce

and make better the foundations ...

if airbnb reads this messages ... but I don't think they do ...

they should ...

Suz1
Level 2
Arkport, NY

We listed our home with airbnb on Dec. 29, but have had no activity and are starting to wonder if we're doing something wrong.  I have been trying for two weeks to sign up for a mentor, but cannot seem to locate directions on how to do this.  Can you help?

Well I don't know where you are and whereis located your apartment but after holidays the activity goes down

and there are very very little requests especially if you are new and have no review ...

I do not know if the "mentor host" service still work ?

If you have questions you can ask here and I will try to reply...

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I signed up to be a mentor scheme last year and have heard absolutely nothing since then from AirBNB.

For the existing mentors - I would suggest you go back to whoever at BNB is dealing with the scheme and ask their advice.

From memory they had an email for the scheme, or give them a call.

Fjona1
Level 1
Wales, United Kingdom

Hi Helen, I’m new to Airbnb & was needing some advice? 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What advice in particular are you looking for @Fjona1 

Fjona1
Level 1
Wales, United Kingdom

I think I’m all sorted for now Helen. I was wanting to know when one’s listing goes “live” buts “live”. May I call on you for further advice should I need?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I was going to suggest you have a look at the Airbnb Help website - it has useful FAQs on most aspects of running your airbnb. There are also guides on this community for new hosts. And finally if you use the search function on this community there is rarely an issue that hasn't been covered 🙂 @Fjona1 

Presuming you have checked out the Welsh STR legislation that's been introduced to ensure you can comply?