Most Interesting/Best Gift from a Guest

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

Most Interesting/Best Gift from a Guest

So I got a funny gift from a guest yesterday: it brightened up my very long day. I don't get gifts often, and when I do it's usually wine (one of the many benefits of living in wine country).

The guests yesterday left me flowers (always a favourite) and this gem:parlane-if-you-want-breakfast-in-bed--chunky-wooden-sign754_1_75084_medium.jpg

I was wondering what interesting, cute, funny, or meaningful gifts other hosts had received from their guests.

53 Replies 53
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Alexandra316  We have only gotten 1 gift it was some souvenir items and a kitchen towel that said Alaska from one of our military families stationed there. 

@Letti0 That's nice. As much as I like getting wine, I think it's pretty sweet when someone takes the time to bring something with them with the specific thought of leaving it as a gift for you.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Our place is full of things people have brought us from different places, from NewZealand/Australia to Europe. (A few times some some have forgotten so 'embarrassing' items and the guests, usually the woman, has begged us not to try to send them back.)

@Fred13 I've gotten a few of the embarrasing things left behind also. No one has ever mentioned it or asked for them back, so I've let sleeping dogs lie.

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Fabulous drawing by Myriam from Holland. I had it framed and it has pride of place in our family homeFabulous drawing by Myriam from Holland. I had it framed and it has pride of place in our family homeI’ve had many gifts from guests 

@Victoria567 Wow, that's really cool. Love it!

@Victoria567

I love it :))))

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I can't seem to tag anyone at the moment, but Victoria, that's amazing! What trouble they must have gone to.

What an amazing personal gift! Lovely.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

Once a guest (who was a successful host) sent me (after they’d gone home) an electric tea kettle. 

Another group of ladies spotted something out during their shopping and brought it back as a gift. 

Its like yours @Alexandra0 

A cute little sign that says “what happens in the Barn, stays in the Barn”. You can see it on our art wall in the listing. 

(Cc says my iPhone pic is too large to upload)

Guests often say that their left behind food is a “gift”. If it is an unopened tub of good ice cream we agree, otherwise not so much. 

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

One of our first guests shared some homemade "moonshine" with us.  Another gifted us with a bottle of wine.  Most recently, we hosted a woman that desings handbags.  At check-out, I was presented with 3 handbags from the designer.  My daughter was quick to claim her favorite.  We often receive thank you notes from our guests.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I have quite a few over the years who have left things for the space, not for me so much. If they have an understanding of the space, and they usually do, they hit the right note. Bizarrre little artifacts, oddities hidden. I sometimes find things I don't know how long they have been waiting for me to discover. As an example, I have a life sized cut out butler, one day I discovered he was wearing false eyelashes. Gave me a giggle. Things like that. I don't always know who to thank. It is all a little random. And I don't mind food in the fridge, but that depends! Feel free to leave something delicious anytime.

butler4.jpg

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Alexandra316 @Branka-and-Silvia0 @Sandra126 @Kelly149 @Linda-And-Richard0

@Alexandra316 a few weeks ago a guest left me this!

IMG20180929071925.jpg

Have you any idea what it is?

IMG20180929072202.jpg

Alexandra, I also live in wine country!!

Cheers.......Rob

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Blimey @Rob0

I hope he doesn’t pee in the bottle😉