My list of everything that could upset guests

Tim209
Level 7
Honolulu, HI

My list of everything that could upset guests

Alright, here’s my list of everything that could upset guests. What did I miss?

1. The property was not as described

2. Uncomfortable beds/sheets/pillows

3. Noisy (A/C unit, road noise, refrigerator, neighbors) lead to poor sleeping conditions

4. Guests run out of stuff – toilet paper / paper towel / etc.

5. Expected items are not there like tv or internet

6. Things that don’t work such as an advertised hot tub

7. Couldn’t access property

8. Worn out stuff

9. No instructions about what to do with trash

10. Insufficient outdoor seating – guests don’t want to carry the sofa outside

11. Construction noise or inconvenience

12. Neighbor issues

13. Poor communications with the host – either before, after, or during – “there was a major problem during my stay and the owner didn’t answer my calls”

14. Terrible or no WiFi

15. Vacation rental location deception

16. Too many rules

17. Lack of privacy

18. No refund with no explanation

19. And my personal favorite - no plunger

Tim
TurnoverBnB

67 Replies 67
Ephraim0
Level 10
New York, NY

Rain,

clouds,

heat,

a loud car honking

truth is on occasion a guest will ding you for things that are acts of god. Or they might ding you because they traveled on an unrealistic low budget which led to their disappointment.

recently had a journalist who is Berkeley graduate as a guest. She dinged me on location and accuracy. Not sure how a Berkeley grad isn’t capable of googling Harlem NYC.  Who knows maybe she thought it’s still a Dutch village. After she left it was clear to me Harlem was the last place she wanted to be. But hey she graduated Berkeley I’m sure she marched against all forms of racial profiling and discrimination. Complete idiot. 

the point is try your best, be as honest and clear as possible. Then just let the chips fall where they may. 

Berkeley? I had a Stanford grad that couldn't get charcoal briquettes lit. Which is just fine. They tried. I went to a state University that covered grills and how to make a Margherita.

Margherita like the pizza?

Hey Dean,

i went to a City university, where me and my friends majored in rolling, bowl filling, replacing water, and inhaling. It was a tough program, probably one of the best in the country. I graduated with honors. 

Deborah350
Level 7
Grafton, Australia

Insects, local wild life, too far from, too close too, parking

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

20. Room has a smell to it.

Noel63
Level 10
Coober Pedy, Australia

getting lost

Tension with your significant other- seems that’s always my fault. 

Jan209
Level 6
North Maleny, Australia

that's so funny!   

Ephraim0
Level 10
New York, NY

Paying $170 a night in NYC for 3 people and expecting the Waldorf Astoria. very very few but some people are just douche bags. 

i had a guest drive into my gate stopper in my driveway, i have no idea how its about 3 inches high, and he then said my location was 4 stars.  *shrug* some people are just arsehats.

Well.........I got 4 stars for location because my home is farther away from the the school compared to the school dormitory 🙂 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

House number too small. Guests couldn't find the house straight away despite the detailed instructions with photos, the fact that the buildings on my street are numbered logically, no other guests (out of over 200 stays) have ever had this problem, and that my house is very distinctive (I challenge anyone to find another green house on my street, let alone one with a bright pink door!)

They marked me down because of this (and nothing else because apparently everything else was perfect).