Naming your rental

Alissa35
Level 2
Fletcher, NC

Naming your rental

I read somewhere that people were significantly more likely to go view a house if it had a name.  I figured this would apply to rentals as well and we have named our rental. 

I would love if AirBNB would have a spot other than listing title to have a name for the rental that is searchable.  I see other people have complained that they want to find a certain rental or host and they are unable to search these items.  If a name box is supplied, if we bump into someone, or our friends have family coming to town, all they have to say is search AirBNB for Cinderwood and they can find us.  It would simplify things and make self promotion so much easier.

3 Replies 3
Cheryl389
Level 7
Keyport, NJ

Mine is Atlantic City 1920s House - It's also good if your title has the location in it since it might come up in Google searches. I also tried to theme it pretty hard, so it's descriptive lol.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Alissa35 No, there is nowhere else to name it to make it easier to search. However, if you have a distinctive name and you Google the property name (in my case The Flat on King Airbnb, or Sherkston Paradise Airbnb for my secondary listing), it will come up as the first result.

Also, in future, Airbnb will be offering custom URLs so your property, so you could get www.airbnb.com/h/sherkstonparadise , for example, which should make it easier to brand and for guests and friends to find you.

I really love giving properties names, and really, I think it can only help differentiate you from the competition.

Helen141
Level 2
Mississauga, Canada

How do I change my url to be www.airbnb.com/h/herkstonsunsetcasa