New to Airbnb! My first two guests both gave four star reviews. Should I be worried?

Jake179
Level 2
Windham, NH

New to Airbnb! My first two guests both gave four star reviews. Should I be worried?

Hello,

My first two guests both left positive reviews and seemed to love the place, but both left me only four stars.  How big of an issue is this?  

I made sure to have the place clean and well furnished and equipped.  I have almost every ammenity required for Airbnb plus.  It's also very cheap right now as I wanted to get some good reviews before starting to raise the price to market rates.  I leave them all a bottle of wine as a gift when they show up.

My guests so far have been newbies to Airbnb with few reviews.  Is it just that they don't know how serious a four star review is?  Should I be straight out asking people to leave a five star review?  How many fours can Airbnb tolerate before it affects my account?

Should I be freaking out about this and trying to determine what's wrong?  Or should I just keep on doing the best that I can to ensure my guests have a good stay and hope that the five stars start rolling in?  

Thanks,
Jake

16 Replies 16

Your place looks nice and natural. I also think, that you are on the right way and this two 4-star ratings are one of the things, that "just happens"-without specific reason. No matter how bad it looks, it makes you stronger on the market-you are starting to ask questions, clearing your strategy and tactics...And as it looks, the results are present.

Love it when original posters update, @Jake179 ! Especially when it is good news. 🙂