No longer able to list beds in 'common spaces'

No longer able to list beds in 'common spaces'

Our property has 7 beds. It has always been listed as 7 beds.

5 of the beds are in the bedrooms, and there is then a bunk bed (2 beds) in the hallway. Until now I have listed  the bunk bed under 'common spaces'.

The hosting page recently asked me to improve the listing by updating the rooms and spaces page by specifying what beds exist in what bedrooms. Having done this, there is no longer a way to specify the bunk beds in the hallway or 'common spaces', and now it is reporting that the property has only 5 beds, which is simply incorrect. How do I fix this?

I can't say in the listing that there is a fourth bedroom, because there isn't.

2 Replies 2
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Dan-and-Matt0 I spent some time figuring this out, because I had the exact same problem when the change was made to listing structure. You have to say that the bed is in a living room, then just specify what you mean in the pictures/notes. Airbnb, in their infinite wisdom, has decided you can't have beds in certain types of rooms anymore: you can have a bed in a living room but not an office, for example. Very silly. I have a pullout in my front hall/office area, which is now classified as living room #2.

Thanks Alexandra. ...'infinite wisdom', hahaha.

This indeed appears the only option, but it seems like a massive flaw, as I will then be falsely advertising the entrance hall as a living room. Aargh! In French ski apartments it's a very common thing to have a what they call a 'coin montagne' in the entrance hall.

Come on Airbnb UX team. You can do so much better! Care to step in?