Newsletter from Airbnb - not what I had expected and hoped for....

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

Newsletter from Airbnb - not what I had expected and hoped for....

Remember when a while ago I posted a suggestion for better communication between Airbnb and hosts in the host voice forum, namely to send out a monthly newsletter  - no fluff ! - with what's new and what we should know about?

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/idb-p/host-voice#featured

Well, Airbnb makes this whole process of what they would consider into an ordeal: first you have to get enough votes to be moved up to "popular", then it possibly moves up to "considered",  and ultimately if you are the chosen one it goes to  "launched".  So, being informed my idea was launched,  I think, hey we got somewhere....!!

Going back to the post,  at the very end of the thread an Airbnb official informs me/us that what I had requested - regular, no nonsense, factual info from Airbnb  in a newsletter - has actually already happend, as in the Host  Newsletter, rather easy to find here :  https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Host-Newsletter/bd-p/host-nl

So, mildly excited now,  I look through this, and immediately the let down follows: it's all the nice-nice stuff I /we can do without - and absolutely  nothing about the changes Airbnb is making in the platform, things we should and would want to know about. No, it's just some more gentle suggestions how to be a better host, etc... Fluff!

Hello Airbnb, this is not what I meant with getting relevant info from you guys !!!

Also makes me wonder why an admin didn't easily and immediately send me/us to the host newsletter, why let it go on and on, with conversations underneath it, in the Host Voice Forum?

Well -  another example of a long run around for nothing, just keeping us/me engaged for no results. What I suggested certainly didn't happen, though they call it "launched".

Very disappointing...

15 Replies 15

Thank you, @Lizzie, for helping to make our voices heard. Truly appreciated.

Jude