No Resevations - blocked calendar

Dawn-And-Tor0
Level 2
Gardner, CO

No Resevations - blocked calendar

I have (had) a successful Airbnb with an 70-80% occupancy rate from March through September.  However,  I only have ONE reservation in October and no others.  In addition, I had an inquiry through Facebook for a 3 month rental and I sent her the  link for the Airbnb listing.  When she tried to book the Airbnb listing,  it was blocked from mid-November through December (She sent me a screenshot).  My calendar has no blocked dates and when I called Airbnb they said there were no blocked dates.  I have called Airbnb 4 times about the lack of reservations, always getting the same answer - 'its slow season or it is your listing or ....'  AND they refuse to send it to technical services.  I have scoured my listing for any reason why this is happening but can find none, except that there were multiple changes made to my listing on the same day and same exact time.  Could this be a computer virus, malware, etc? Has anyone else had a dramatic drop in reservations?  Please help.

7 Replies 7
Celia185
Level 2
Austin, TX

Hey there, the same thing happened to my listings (different months, completely blocked). Terrible customer support experience with Airbnb, still trying to get compensation from them. But a fellow host gave me the tip to go to your calendar, choose a date (or multitude of dates), and on the right hand window, change "rule-sets" option from "various" to "none". This worked for me to open the dates again. Kind of a mystery why that solved it, but it did. 

Thanks for your response.  I did try to find the 'rule-set' but could not because I only have one listing (at least Airbnb could tell me that).  The funny thing is that I did have two listings.  I deactived one because i got 0 reservations.  Now I think about it, I did have 'rule set' because I was trying to make it a weekly rental for workers.  I also had it blocked until Oct 1 (vs the original listing seems to blocked (shows open though) after Oct 1).  Are these coincidences or is the deactivated (now deleted) listing somehow interfering with original listing???  I cant get Airbnb to THINK.

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Dawn-And-Tor0, when I look at your listing, all of October (except the 9th), November and December are available. Did you manage to fix this?

Well, I am not sure.  I had my son make a reservation and it was successful, but when my  daughter tried, she was not.  The app said booking, but it never did. She is trying again tonight.

I have found why my facebook contact had a blocked calendar - it is because I had the maximum days set to 27 and she wanted 3 months.  So at least I understand that.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Dawn-And-Tor0 ,

Sorry to hear about this issue - can you confirm you reached out to Customer Support to untangle the problem? I can drop them a message if needed.

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Hi Stephanie - Thank you for your response - the drama continues. 

I had called Customer Support about 6 times, starting in mid August, including one call on about September 16 that I spoke with a supervisor and tried to get her to forward the issue to IT .  She would not and I became irate.  I had no other bookings until Luiza 

On September 24 I received a request from Luiza.  I pre-approved the request and received an odd reply that indicated there were negative comments and photo on an Airbnb community forum with a link.  I clicked on the link (oops! NEVER do that, I know, but I was desperate).  It went to a London listing - nothing on my listing.  I could not find anything on any community forum.  So I called Airbnb Customer Support and she sent it to the "Trust and Safety" team (FINALLY) on September 23.  They emailed me that I had been in contact with an account that had been removed for 'violating the Airbnb Terms of Service'.  Of course it was a form letter and I could not get any more information.

That day I received two reservations and another today.  This is after I had to lower my price to hopefully pull my listing up in the search.  I hope the problem is fixed, but if the Customer Support would have taken me seriously in August and had the IT team look at my listing then, I would not have lost a substantial amount of income. 

Do I have any recourse?

Thanks for your help!

Dawn

oops -got my dates mixed up!