Occupancy rate in Orlando/Kissimmee

Dimitry6
Level 1
Collingwood, Canada

Occupancy rate in Orlando/Kissimmee

Hello,

I am considering to buy a condo in Orlando/Kissimmee area for renting. I am wondering what occupany rate can be expected. Is it reasonable to rent 20 days per month?

Thanks for your help!

1 Reply 1
Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Dimitry6It could be a very hard question. I would suggest that you can do some research yourself besides getting some hosts who live in Orlando. Here are some steps I would suggest you to use

(1) Select a target area where you may purchase a condo in Orlando

(2) Find the listings available in that area by selecting different dates

(3) Look into the calendar of the listings coming up

(4) You may see available dates and blocked dates

(5) Record these numbers and do some math yourself to get the rough answer

However, there are drawbacks in this type of research. One is the blocked dates could be blocked by the hosts for personal use instead of booked by guests; The second is that some hosts only open calendar to certain period in the furture, e.g. only 90 days ahead. You may not be able to get year round occupancy rates.

But the advantage of the research will provide you with insights based on your criteria of potential property and its location. Location and price are always factors impacting occupancy rates. Other factors such as bathroom shared/not shared, single room or entire condo, amenities all play certain roles in the occupancy rates. Other thing not related to your property such as city rules regarding short-term rental, HOA, competitions, seasonality etc also affect the occupancy rates.