Overriding my pricing

Sharat1
Level 1
Highlands Ranch, CO

Overriding my pricing

Why is airbnb overriding the rate I am setting. I dont want to use the price tips and my rate has worked better for me most of the time. 

I updated the rate and switched of price tips but still the same issue. 

8 Replies 8
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Do you have smart pricing on, @Sharat1? You find that in calendar under Price Settings.  

Bl0
Level 2
Puerto Rico

When you go to your Listing, scroll to prices. See if the button next to Price setting is on the right and green. If so, it means it is on.  To turn off, slide the button to the left.

Susan307
Level 2
Inverness, United Kingdom

I had the smart pricicng on until yesterday - when someone told me I was far too cheap - and found that the prices for next SUMMER had been altered and it was very cheap!! Anyway I sorted these prices back to what I had set them at last month - and turned the smart pricing off - and it IS off! - but have now found that it looks like my property is only £76 a MONTH for next month (Not £70 a night!) - when you try to book a month is says that it is an average of £2 a night! 

Can anybody tell me what has gone wrong? I am new and about to give up on airbnb!

Hi @Susan307 Your prices look good to me - I didn't plug in any dates but each night up until next April is showing at $121 CAD (73 GBP), in April each night goes up to $173 CAD/night (105 GBP). I think someone else had a similar problem when a month stay was booked - so might want to have a look at your discounts if you're offering discounts for longer stays? Karen

Thanks for this info. You are right I am sure - it is for longer stays.  I checked it myself for a week and it gives the discount of 15% correctly - but with the month's discount of 20% it goes crazy! Have just changed it to 30% ad it is crazier still!  £64 for a month!!!

I thought this was to do with airbnb overriding my pricing with the smart pricing but now that I have that switched off it can't be.

Any suggestions? Does anybody have the monthly discount working?

@Susan307 Oh yes, I see what you mean - I could stay for the whole month of January for $130! You need to snooze your listing ASAP before someone books - if they do, you'll be stuck hosting them for that amount, there will be no way around it for you. YIKES!

You'll have to Contact Airbnb - info. on how to do that here:

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Karen

I would turn off the monthly discounts and add something to your listing like "Discounts available for bookings over 30 days - contact me for details."  And the contact Airbnb. 

Note : it's exactly these kinds of issues that prevent me from enabling instant booking and smart pricing.  

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
Susan307
Level 2
Inverness, United Kingdom

Thanks everyone.  I phoned and got it sorted - I think!