Pet fee amount

Natalie819
Level 2
Victoria, Canada

Pet fee amount

For people allowing pets, what are you charging? I understand that AirBNB does not have a pet fee button and that you have to disclose this in your rules and collect it from guests separately. 

6 Replies 6
Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

$20 per pet - per day.  We confirm with a message when they inquire/request/instabook and request through the resolution center with a screenshot of the fee highlighted on our listing.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Same as @Lenore22, $20/pet/night.

Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

@Lisa723 wow- love your listing... Especially the captions on the photos. 😉

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Lenore22 I don't charge extra for pets. I don't like the fact that Airbnb won't let you collect it in an easy way, so I have elected to factor the cost into my nightly rate rather than charging separately. I've never had any trouble with hosting pets, and the majority of my guests bring at least one dog. 

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Lenore22  I don't charge for pets either. Its too much back and forth to try and collect after people have booked, guests lie to get out of paying the fee, and some people want the charge back if the pet did not destroy the listing. We have been pet friendly from day one and have just raised our rates over time to ensure that we are recouping enough for any cleaning or minor damage. We do charge a deposit as pet damage is not covered by Airbnb, but as many threads have discussed, this is more of a scare tactic than an actual collectible amount. 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

in my area is common to charge 10 euro /pet /stay.

My friend goes to Switzerland for skiing and she pays  10 euro /pet /day.