Price calculator

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Price calculator

The Price Calculator is a well hidden feature inside the calender. It shows you (the host) in detail what guests have to pay for a selected time period, and also what you will be earning. But using it today I noticed a glitch:

It does not add VAT to the Guest Service Fee !

i do not have to pay VAT on the Host Service fee (due to having a business account), but offcourse the guests have to pay VAT !

So the Price Calculator assumes i am going to book my own listing ?

Emiel1_4-1624746856611.png

Emiel1_5-1624747114376.png

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 Isn't the VAT on the next line down immediately below guest service fee?

Emiel1
Level 10

@Mike-And-Jane0 

That is the VAT (+ the Tourist tax) added to the renting price (9% VAT in The Netherlands for accomodations when having a business account).

When I anonymous (not logged in) simulate a booking for same dates, i get the right price (the Airbnb Guest Service fee is now including VAT (21 %):

Emiel1_0-1624886512597.png

It is a glitch in the Price Calculator.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Emiel1  I hope you sortes this out 🙂  I am interested to know does ABB sends you VAT?

Emiel1
Level 10

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

Airbnb need to make the PriceCalculator reliable and easier to find !

it use it especially for creating special offers.

Your question:

Yes, every reservation has two payouts:

1  Accomodation price minus the host fee (3%, without 21% VAT charged on the host fee to me because of business account)

2. The VAT on the accomodation price (9%) and the Tourist Tax (in the above example total Euro 18,-)

@Emiel1  so,  you get accommodation price - host fee  3% - 21% VAT on the host fee

but do you also get The VAT on the accommodation price (9%) and the Tourist Tax?