Price suggestions / dynamic pricing

Conor5
Level 1
Vienna, Austria

Price suggestions / dynamic pricing

I host a whole holiday Villa (8-10 occupants) in Istria/Croatia.  The pricing suggestions appear to be much lower than an appropriate rate for a whole house of this size/quality in this region in the high summer season.  Does the dynamic pricing suggestion model not take size and historical experience/prices into account when proposing prices for a specific property?

5 Replies 5
Ana7
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

The pricing suggestions are just insane, so just set the  price you think it's appropriate! 

e.g. I rent a small studio in Zagreb, a self contained unit with a small kitchen and bathroom, towels and bedlinen and all the rest. The "smart" pricing suggest I should give it per 9 dollars a day!  It wouldn't cover tha laundry, let alone all the rest.

Clare28
Level 1
Saint Agnes, United Kingdom

Hi, it's the same here, the suggested prices don't relate at all to what other people are charging or the quality of what you're offering. I ignore them and adjust prices according to local market and feedback.

Ilan1
Level 5
Buenos Aires, Argentina

The price suggested by Airbnb was around 30% lower than MY price. I have had my place occupied almost all the time, so I would set the price comparing it with other similar locations in the area and, after having evaluated the impact, reconsider my price.

If you are new to the website, maybe you could set a low price for a while to get your first guests, like a promotion to start renting as soon as possible. And, then, change it.

Ricardo71
Level 7
Miami, FL

I am under the impresssion that Airbnb is looking after volume in their booking fees rather than making the pricing tool useful.

I am an advocate for tiers.  There is no way a stay in my upscale penthouse B&B is priced similarly to a basic room nearby only based in availability and demand in the area.  I actually get my prices by competing with  published rates of well established B&B's operating in the area and not using Airbnb as their platform.

Booking just fine at twice the price suggested by Airbnb.

Ricardo

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4273889

Julia115
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Hey guys:

As many of you have mentioned, this forum is a great place to learn things, especially for a new host which i am.  So thank you everyone for the great ideas and experience sharing.

I have another question:

It seems that everyone's list only showing the room price, then when customers click in and start booking, all the cleaning fee and service fees starts to showing.  But my listing now is showing the final price (room price+ all other fees), i think this is why my price seems relatively higher than the listing close to mine.  Can anyone tell me how to change my listing showing the same thing as others?

Here is my listing:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/14355314?checkin=08%2F07%2F2016&checkout=08%2F08%2F2016&guests=1&s=pMvE...

thank you very much

Julia