Pricing for more than 1 guest

Pricing for more than 1 guest

Hi, how much do other hosts charge for more than 1 guest? On the site it only gives the option for 1 flatout charge.

4 Replies 4
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Natasha211  I hope you are well!

I have a private room for 2, and I charge £10 PN for a second person-  more so as an encouragement for single guests to book as the room isn't very big.

Best wishes 

Paul 🙂

Thanks Paul 🙂

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Natasha211 

Hello Natasha, In fact you can charge a base price for one guest if you wish and then set a price that you wish to charge for each additional guest after that one!

I will include a couple of screenshots here for you to follow!

Firstly you need to set your Base price....in other words the price that will be displayed for your listing in a general search. This is how you do that!

On your listing editing page scroll across to 'Pricing' and you will see this screen....

Base rate.png

Now once you have set that 'Base Price' scroll on down the page and you will come to a section called 'Extra Charges' and it is in this section that you include a cleaning fee and the additional amount you wish to charge for each guest after minimum number you have set.....one in your case......

Extra charges.png

Now when this is done....and remember to click 'Save Changes' when a guest puts their details and numbers into the booking part of your listing, these extra charges will automatically be displayed before they book.

I hope this helps you Natasha!

Cheers......Rob

Thanks Rob, yes i think I was charging too much for the second person, $30 per night  for any guest after 1. I have put it down to $15 per night.

Cheers:)