Promotional pricing question!

Michael-and-Cat0
Level 1
California, United States

Promotional pricing question!

Hi there! Looking for a way to turn "on" promotional pricing / offer for specific nights. I have seen a little box on other listings that states "book in the next xx hours and recieve 10% off" etc. 

I can only locate discounts in the pricing section for WEEKS or MONTHS, not specific nights. 

I know I am just overlooking it, or what not.

Any direction / help would be most appreciated!

-Michael

4 Replies 4
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Michael-and-Cat0 you're not overlooking it. i've only ever been able to offer a "coupon" like that when ABB decides. It isn't something you can add unless they suggest it.

They suggest it though either thru the stats page in your app or on your calendar pricing on the web.

If you do ever add one, be aware that ABB adds together every discount you have listed that applies. So if you have a 10% last minute, 10% 7+ days, and you add a 10 off these particular days then ABB will just take 30% off that reservation. Depending on what you have set that additional coupon can end up being a ripoff.

Robert571
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

I am surprised more hosts are not asking for this. Its a very standard foundation of any marketing strategy.  The ability to set a promo price and have it flashed on the site is essential.  Not making it available is just plain weird.  

This promotion (strikethrough price) sold my whole week. I need more of it but can't find it. Hopefully it will appear again .

Larry339
Level 10
Brant, Canada

Airbnb discount promotions have been a useful tool for my business. Since it has worked in the past, I also want to understand this option, so I could continue being a recipient.

I have messaged Airbnb support, and there does not seem to be a good understanding of how custom discount promotions work or whether it is available to all hosts in a given area.

I do wonder that if custom promotions are available to every host, is it still a useful tool? I can only surmise that since it is reasonably new, Airbnb is still testing this option.