Question for the ladies.

Jamie69
Level 7
Wheat Ridge, CO

Question for the ladies.

I keep a well-stocked medicine cabinet in my guest bathroom. I have aspirin, ibuprofen, night-time sleep aid, anti-diarrheal, bandages, and anti-bacterial. After my most recent guest, I considered an item I hadn't thought of before.

During my cleaning process, I discovered that my last guest left a travel maxipad. It's really small. Impressively small, actually. But I suddenly had the realization that perhaps I should have a couple of tampons and maxipads stocked in my medicine cabinet as well.

I think my guest was leaving me a subtle hint.

Is this something you keep on hand for your guests? Is this something that some guests would find useful?

And then finally, I ask as a bachelor, what should I get, exactly? I mean, what brand and type?

Jamie

5 Replies 5
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Hi @Jamie69 I think it's a very nice gesture & it sure wouldn't hurt to have a few such supplies on hand. There have been some posts here about stains on sheets from perhaps unexpected visits by "Aunt Flo", so you might save yourself from that particular horror.  I have a first aid kit with everything you named as well as always having few feminine supplies in the bathroom cupboard. I don't think guests would be picky about brand - a box of tampons in a variety of sizes is always good, and any kind of maxi pad. You likely won't have to replace them very often, if at all, but it's a really nice touch IMO. 

Hats off to you for going that extra mile for your guests & to make it easier for you, here are some photos to help you grab some without having to stand around for long in the feminine product aisle: 🙂

tampax-tampons-multipax-variety-pack-of-32-super-32-regular-and-16-lites-80-count-boxes-pack-of-2_3186289.jpg

always.jpeg

Hope that helps! Karen

Jess21
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Jamie69 Love that you've asked this question and that, as a man, you're trying to be more aware of women's needs! It's a great thing to see! I agree with the above post that a variety pack is probably the way to go and it will be much appreciated by every woman that stays with you - whether she utilizes them or not! 😉 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Jamie69

we also have fist aid kit , few tampons and few liners, but we do not leave any drugs like aspirin or something

Yes. They are regularly used and much appreciated by our guests. 

Robin129
Level 10
Belle, WV

I have a little travel bag for ladies, and one for men, in a small dresser drawer. (I only rent one room.)  Each has a few little items they might need. You may consider stopping by the travel size aisle at the pharmacy or grocery and pick up a couple packages of each. If I ended up needing one in a pinch I would not be concerned about brand, just that I get by till I run to the store. 

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.