Receiving inquiries from guests who do not meet my requirements....

John2273
Level 3
Fayetteville, NC

Receiving inquiries from guests who do not meet my requirements....

I'm very frustrated with the Airbnb hosting platform.  I have instant booking in place with a requirement for a verified government ID.  I don't understand how someone can send an "inquiry" that I am forced to respond to if they don't have an ID verified.  The inquiry gives me 3 choices... pre-approve, decline, or send a special offer.  If I pre-approve, I'm allowing someone who doesn't meet my guest requirements to book with me.  If I decline, it is held against my acceptance rate.  Soooooo.... my only choice is special offer.  I more than doubled the rate for the night and sent them that as a special offer.  I also sent a message encouraging them to become ID verified and explaining the reason for the special offer.  I personally wouldn't be surprised if they became angry or frustrated, but apparently that isn't a problem for Airbnb.  If safety and security is important, then the booking system should reinforce this.

Has anyone else had the same issue?

16 Replies 16

Ok guys, i figured it out 🙂 Great info on this thread. Thanks!!!

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Natalie743  It's still checked on my profile. Have you verified your ID? It will not let you check the box to require guests to have verified ID unless you have verified your ID.

If you're verified, then I'm at a loss and not sure why you can't check it! Maybe try it in a different browser? Strangely, sometimes that works because of the weird glitches that pop up on the site.