Recent hosting experiences

Bill230
Level 1
Easton, NH

Recent hosting experiences

Recently, in the past fortnight or so, we have had two not so good experiences. This inspired me to write in a review: "sometimes it feels like you (me) are just feeding the maw of madness, mobility madness". To assuage the insanity, to mitigate the madness (somewhat), I propose a "rent tax", payable to the "local" Indigenous Natives, in our case, the Abenakis, upon whose land we dwell. It makes good sense for us, living/hosting (Tamarack Lodge) at what I call the epicenter of the natural world, the home of the ancient totem tree, marks the spot where "Abenaki Woman" Discovered Maple Sugar, the sweetest substance known to man. 

I paid a "rooms and meals" tax to the State of NH. Airbnb stepped in and paid, starting in Nov. 2017. This freed up some precious capital: (9%/mo.). 9% "rent tax" sound about right? Payable to: First Nations/100 Nations, natural inhabitants of Turtle Island, upon whose land we dwell! Can Airbnb help, the great equalizer of wealth?Totem Tree remnantsTotem Tree remnants

1 Reply 1
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Bill230you can donate a portion of your proceeds and organize your local hosts to do the same. Airbnb does not make tax decisions, your local council does