Refund Question

Refund Question

I had a guest cancel a July reservation and received 50% back due to my refund policy. I'd like to send them the other 50% back that is now scheduled to go to me. My question is if I issue the additional refund now, will that come out of my bank account or the 50% that is pending payout from my Airbnb account? 

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

If you wish 100% refund, you can refund the remaining 50% once you receive the payout the day after the check in was scheduled.  I suggest you do not issue a refund until you have the money.  There are times in which there is some problem with the payment and you are out, not only the original booking, but the "advance" refund.  

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ryan2001  Airbnb cannot access your bank account. They can deposit your payouts into it, but they have no authority to withdraw money. Just like you could go into a bank and deposit money into someone else's account, but you certainly couldn't withdraw money from it unless the person had given you their bank card.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Ryan2001When you get the email saying the customer has cancelled, there's a button there that gives you the option to refund 100%. It won't come from your account or a future payout: you just won't receive a payout. You will get a worrying email stating that it will be taken from your next payout because the Airbnb system is buggy, but you can safely ignore it. I had the same issue a few weeks ago and that's how it worked for me. . I've had subsequent payouts, and I've gotten all my money as usual. 

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Ryan2001 

July is a long way off. Has your guest paid 100% already?

It is possible they could have done, but it is just as possible that they have only paid 50%, and you know what? You have no way to find out.

If you're wanting to refund 100%, just change your cancellation policy to suit. It will all happen automatically for you.