Refund for early exit

Tracy110
Level 1
Johannesburg, South Africa

Refund for early exit

HI All, I have a guest who booked on an urgent basis a few days ago. I had to get the person who manages my unit to meet him in the evneing to escourt him to the flat for him to view the place. For this, I had to pay the manager. The guest has since written to me to say that his friend has offered him free accomodation and that he wants to move out earlier than planned and wants to be refunded for the time that he will not stay. I will need to get the person who managers my place to go to the flat to do the exit inspection at an additional cost as I had already booked her for a day to inspect and clean on his planned exit date and will now have to pay her for an additional trip to the property. It also means that I would have lost a booking on the dates that he had already booked for. In any event, as I had offered a cheap rate for last minute bookings and I have incurred costs to accomodate him and these costs equate to the amount that he is expecting as refund for his early exit... I was wondering what other hosts do in these instances? Do you accept the early exit and pay a refund?  Thank you and kind regards, Tracy

1 Reply 1
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

He needs to cancel through the system and then your cancellation policy kicks in. Anything over and above that is up to you, some people will refund extra if they are able to get a booking so as not to double dip.

David