Refunding a Resolution Payment

Gary740
Level 2
Las Cruces, NM

Refunding a Resolution Payment

I had someone book and cancel. I allow pets and collect the pet fee from through the resolution center as "extra services." The guest was refunded the full amount of the booking, however the pet fee was not refunded since it was done through the resolution center. How do I refund the pet fee? I tried using the "send money" function, but the guest doesn't show up as an available option. I'm guessing this is because they never actually stayed. Also, phone numbers and email addresses are blocked when I PM with the guest. I would need an email if I wanted to send it via Paypal so that is not an option. Anyone have any recommendations on how to resolve this?

5 Replies 5
Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

@Gary740 

I would call CS and they can contact the guest on your behalf. CS won't give you their contact info but ask that they tell the guest you would like to refund the pet fee but need them to contact you via the app in order to do so. Once they message you, you can ask them for their Pay Pal info or try again through the Resolution Center.

I would NOT let CS refund it to them on your behalf....I just feel like that's too many hands in the pot and they always seem to mess things up. 

Thanks! I'll try that.

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Gary740 since Airbnb collected it...they send the refund...u never got that money right? Don't worry and let Airbnb do their work. They have the pot and they appropriate the monies.  If u send it u will surely be losing money.... careful. Good luck

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Gary740 did you actually get paid the money? If you did not get a payout, the guest was refunded. If you did get the pay out, call airbnb. I do not see an issue with them handling it. Absolutely do not send anything directly- paypal etc. If you do that, the guest can always claim and get the money through Airbnb so you will pay back twice. 

Claudia2226
Level 2
Bradenton, FL

I have this exact problem.  The traveler paid the fee and then canceled the trip.  The money is sitting in my Airbnb account awaiting payout...for 5 months in the future.  and I have no way to refund it.  I have contacted CS 3 times by phone and message center.  Each time I am elevated to the next level.  I'm still awaiting someone to contact me.  It's almost 3 weeks and no return contact.  How long did it take for Airbnb to process the refund?   The renter has been very patient.  Me...not so much.