Refunds

Derek157
Level 3
England, United Kingdom

Refunds

Good morning everybody.  Just looking for a little information please.  

I had a lady who booked, paid AirBnB and then accidentally cancelled her reservation, due to unfamiliarity with the app.  AirBnB advised me of the cancellation and opened up the dates .  Because of the "no refund" policy - I was trying out the Beta - they advised her that she was due no refund  Having realised her mistake she re-booked the same date and paid AirBnB. Fine - she is now booked properly.   Because this was a genuine mistake on her part, she should not be out of pocket.  My question is - what has happened to the original monies she paid to AirBnB?  The information she has from AirBnB is that she should "reach out" to me for a refund.  I am very happy to do this, but WHEN do AirBnB pay ME the money that they took from her for the original, now cancelled, reservation.  Somebody, somewhere, has her money and it isn't me.

2 Replies 2
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Derek157 you will get the money 24h after the check in date just like a regular reservation, you can then refund her. 

Derek157
Level 3
England, United Kingdom

Thanks Ana.  That answers my question, although it does seem wrong that she should have to wait a couple of months for her refund, while AirBnB sit on her money.  Still, that is their system I suppose.