Regulations

Jace35
Level 1
Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Regulations

Hi Everyone

I've come here to see if there may be some insight or advice from someone with past experience in my situation.

I have been a Super Host for the past two years and loved running my Airbnb. Unfortunately it is within a complex, and my neighbour (who was wanting to get out of their lease early) landed up using me and my Airbnb as a scapegoat, and complained to the body corporate that my guests make "noise" (talking loudly, toilet seat closing and a list of other petty complaints).

Due to this, along with being fined for my guests "speaking loudly" in the late afternoon, they have ban the ability to run a short-term rental and regulated it to a minimum of 3 months.

I have placed my bookings setting on a minimum 60 day stay for the meanwhile, just to prevent further bookings (when November/December is usually full for me).

I want to keep my listing online, incase I have the opportunity to continue to run it as a short-term listing at a later stage.

Does anyone know of a way in which I could do this (keep it online), however freeze my statistics & progress so I can continue where I left off at a later stage? (should the regulations change). I am aware I would loose my Super Host status due to no bookings, but would like to keep the stats open and visible.

Thank you 🙂 

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jace35  What do you mean by "freeze my statistics and progress"? If you change your availability to 60 days or more, your stats won't disappear- they will still be totally visible to guests looking at your listing. 

Jace35
Level 1

Thank you. Yes- In the end I want to kind of freeze/pause my account, so I will have the option to use it at a later stage, but not loose any reviews etc. which I have built up over the years.

@Jace35 You can snooze your listing (or delist), which means it won't be visible to guests. But your reviews and stats will always be attached to your profile. Even if you sold your present place, got another place, and started Airbnbing the new one, when that listing went live, your past reviews would show up. Reviews are attached to the host's profile, not the property.

Here is the relevant info :https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/476/how-do-i-snooze-unlist-or-deactivate-my-listing

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

If you switch to longer stays, you may not meet certain SH criteria which are a rolling annual quarterly review.  However as @Sarah977  has posted all your stats are still on your profile.

If  your HOA requires a 90 day minimum, why would you have a 60 day minimum?  Wouldn't that make you vulnerable?  Anyway, be sure to read the articles about long term stay payout and cancellation policies.  Also be sure to be aware of your local tenant rights laws as that will impact your ability to evict an undersireable tenant.

Jace35
Level 1

Hi Linda

Thanks for that. I had set the 60 days with "request to book" before they brought in the regulation, however I will be changing that soon.

I have not dealt with long-term tenants in the past, so will be something new for me (and not something I was wanting) - but cant fight the short term rental regulation as I'm the only one voting in favour due to having one.