RemoteLock

Cynthia79
Level 2
Washington, DC

RemoteLock

Hello AirBnB Community,

I want to share some  insight on RemoteLock. We recently had a RemoteLock installed and are experiencing awful customer service. We’ve had a few problems with it going off-line and it took six weeks to speak to a customer service representative. First they had a recording saying they were having technical problems due to the storm in Colorado. That went on for about a month. Now there is either no answer or a rep will take a message for a return call that may or not come.  They are also closed on the weekends....unavailable if you need support. Aitbnb recommends this service which prompted us to purchase. There level of customer service is not up to AirBnB standards. 

Just sharing. 

6 Replies 6
Anisha4
Level 2
New York, United States

Hi Cynthia,

I’m a bit relieved to read your post. It’s unfortunate you’re experiencing these problems, and I am too. I am beyond frustrated and I’m not sure where to turn for guidance. It’s almost impossible to finally speak to someone who knows what they’re doing. AND even if you can reach that person (after countless times trying), their attitude towards helping is completely negative and almost accusatory.

I’m also really frustrated because over the course of three months, I invested in three locks, which was not cheap. Its hurtful to think about, but I’m thinking about accepting my losses with these locks and searching for a new company for some peace of mind back.

If you have any guidance, please share! 

@Cynthia79 @Anisha4 Thank you for sharing this. I'm looking at the ResortLock or RemoteLock but I'm afraid I've seen other comments that give me pause. These are specific and helpful and I think I'll look into something else even though these sound like they have the capabilities I'm looking for. 

Did you switch to a different product/lock that you've liked better? 

Cynthia79
Level 2
Washington, DC

Hi,

i did not switch since it was installed. Bad customer service, however, the product is great. 

Antonett1
Level 2
New York, NY

You should get a schlage lock . It’s battery and use ring doorbell so you can see your guests come and go. It only goes offline if your internet is bad. I highly recommend it. It’s not too expensive.

Scott746
Level 1
Orlando, FL

I am having a terrible time with RemoteLock by Lock State.  We have been using their products for a couple years and when they are work ing everything is great.  However, one of the locks was malfunctioning and so I called tech support.  They couldn't help me but made an appointment for me to talk to a 2nd level technician 5 days later.  The person calls me and we go through the lock and she says yes the problem is a defect in the product that she suspected and they knew about (honestly they could have written a trouble shooting guide and I could have done that 5 days earlier).  So they sent me a new lock since the old one isn't made anymore because of this problem.  The new one comes 4 days later, I get it installed but it won't lock.  If you want to lock it you can't.  You just turn the handle from the outside and you are in. So I install a quick chain lock to make sure my house isn't robbed.  I call them back and say hey it won't lock.  They say ok we will have someone call you back.  I am now at over 2 weeks since the original service call.  I called today and they said they have no idea when I will get a call back but they see my name on the list.  Further they will email me a link so that I can setup a call with someone next week (today is Thursday and guests arrive tomorrow).  The people are nice but come on, this is problem that should be addressed immediately when you call and not be routed around for days and weeks.  Was planning to buy more of these locks for another unit but now I am thinking of removing this one and getting the others from another company.  Unfortunately a product is only as good as the customer service behind it.

Rebecca-And-Tom0
Level 2
Panama City Beach, FL

DO NOT BUY Lockstate RemoteLocks - We purchased 5 and these are horrible.  Also, they will charge you a crazy fee for restocking defective products!! 

Airbnb should be ashamed for having this company as a partner!!!