Repeatedly received bookings that the guests didn't show up

Yohana-and-Frog-Team0
Level 1
Yogyakarta City, Indonesia

Repeatedly received bookings that the guests didn't show up

Hi,

My name is Yohana and with our community we run a little guesthouse in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.

Recently I received 3 bookings with similar "characters" (all of them have names in Korean, but their countries are not Korea, and their pictures are Korean girls), and the first two bookings, the guests didn't show up and didn't reply to any of my messages.

We already prepared the room, and as community we take turn to wait for the guests... but they didn't come at all.

I got paid by airbnb, and the first guest actually left a good review (even though she didn't even come here).

Then the third booking, the guest already said that if she doesn't come after 8pm, I don't need to wait for her... So I suspect that this one will be similar with the first two.

So I told her about my experience with the first two guests, and asked what is the benefit for her paying for room that she might not even come.

And I also told her that I will prefer to give the room to travellers who need shelter especially during this peak season.

She didn't reply and I declined the booking.

Besides having to prepare the room and waiting for no one, we don't feel any disadvantages. But just so curious what is their motives?

0 Replies 0