Reservation Refund Miscalculation

Mary1418
Level 1
Overland Park, KS

Reservation Refund Miscalculation

I have been satisfied with the sorrysu from Air BnB, until recently.

I had a long-term guest booked from Jan. 6 to Mar. 9.

Air BnB released funds to me on a monthly basis at the beginning of each month so far, which means March payout (for 9 days) had yet to happen. 

My guest then modified his booking to check out February 16 instead.

Now, AirBnB is insisting that the refund amount includes the days in March.

This all just happened, so my last vestige of hope is that the calculations will be corrected before my bank account is affected.

I am having zero success explaining the situation to Air BnB support.

Has anyone else experienced same?

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Mary1418,

If it was a cancellation,  the "long term stay" cancellation policy would apply. Which means the guest would not be refunded the remaining part of the reservation, as it is less then 30 nights.

But you said the guest shortened (changed) the reservation. As it is less then 30 days before check-out, the host must approve this. Did you approve this change ?

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1361/how-do-changes-and-cancellations-work-for-long-term-reserva...

best regards,

Emiel

Michael2776
Level 1
Perth, Australia

Hi, I was penalised for a booking made in the morning on the day the guest wanted to stay at my apartment which had not been cleaned since the previous guest.

What is the minimum period you can cancel before a guest arrives with an open booking?

It would not have been correct for the Host to take the guest in that situation; so why should I be penalised for cancelling the booking?