Reviews not showing on my listing

Patricia55
Level 10
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

Reviews not showing on my listing

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem - or if it's just me!

About 3 or 4 weeks ago, I realised that my guests' reviews aren't showing up on my listing.  They do show up in my stats (but only to me obviously).  I'm in touch with Airbnb Help and apparently the tech team are working on it, but it's been over a week now and reviews continue to disappear - it's been 4 so far, good reviews as well!

So, I'd be interested to know if this has happened to anyone else and how it was resolved.

Cheers, Pat

58 Replies 58

Reviews are sorted according to guest's country of origin, vs the logical date!

Ah, Israel joins the team, sorry you suffer as well Aviva. Truly a global issue. Aviva, please call the Airbnb Help Desk and report your problem. It is important that Airbnb knows the extent of the problem.

You can use the link below for info for all the ways to contact them. If this does not work. search in the Community for Contact Airbnb A Community Help Guide. We all need to reach them. (The Help section is totally unfriendly how to contact them. Someone at Airbnb admitted they discourage contacts because it costs them!). So this guide should help.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M1876...

Charlotte153
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Im in South Africa,reviews are missing and now i cant access previous messages or send messages ? I have no clue when my guests are arriving and message them to ask ?? Any one else having messaging issues as well as the reviews going missing ? This has happened in the last couple of weeks ,all goor prior to that 

Patricia55
Level 10

@Charlotte153

Ohmigiddy, poor you.  I don't want to tempt fate but don't THINK I have messaging issues at the mo...  Still getting nowhere with the reviews problem.

I take it you're in touch with Air Help?  If not, there's a link up the thread, giving ways to do it.

Best of luck!

Patricia55
Level 10

Hi @Charlotte153 @Lyn-and-Gavin0 @Nancy0 @Aviva1 and anyone else with the same problem... (I can't seem to @ any more people ;))

Has anyone had any joy from Airbnb Help?  It's all gone very quiet at my end: I emailed and my email got returned; I sent a DM on Twitter and haven't had a reply.  So annoying!

I've now had 5 reviews go AWOL - honestly, what is the point of people doing reviews if they're not visible to potential guests?!

Hi,

My reviews seems to be visible at the moment, I am still missing one though from 3 weeks ago.

Patricia55
Level 10

@Kristin73

Yeah, it seems to be rather "hit or miss" depending on which way one approaches the reviews... eg most of mine are showing if I go thru the app on my phone.  But if I go thru my laptop, all 5 are missing (the written reviews anyway).

Just wish Airbnb would be a bit more forthcoming about the problem... ie to acknowledge there's a problem and tell us when it's likely to be fixed!

Janette-and-John0
Level 2
Ontario, Canada

I just noticed the same problem.  I contacted support and discovered that the reviews are sorted by guest's country of origin, not date visited.   Funny way of doing things!

Patricia55
Level 10

@Janette-and-John0

Yup, very strange indeed that they're saying that!  In fact, all of my reviews are in chronological order, via Firefox.  Still got 5 missing though...

Patricia55
Level 10

I did get a reply from CS a couple days ago, saying sorry for the delay, they're waiting to hear from the Tech Team.  Apparently, they have a lot of technical issues to deal with at the moment, so they're backed up.

I'm wondering if it's cos they keep tweaking the website, to bring in new bells & whistles, which has a knock-on effect, causing problems with the things which were working fine before!  Wish they'd leave well alone!!

Hi I still have this problem. Missing reviews on my listing since about 8 days now. Some go thoriugh and others do not.

Any more news?

Thank you

Patricia55
Level 10

Hey @Cindy132

I have no more news, other than what I mentioned a few days ago: "apologies for the delay, Tech Team backed up with issues"...

On top of the missing reviews problem, I now have something else to worry about (call me paranoid!):  I haven't had any booking enquiries/requests for about 3 weeks (which, I know, could be for any number of reasons) and I'm wondering if there's something else going wrong with the website, eg my calendar showing days booked when they're not...

Oh, I used to love the Airbnb website when I started hosting just over a year ago, thought it was the bee's knees, and now I'm rather disillusioned.  Is it just getting too big, I wonder?

Patricia55
Level 10

Update: phew, just got a new booking 🙂  My paranoia was misplaced 😉

Patricia55
Level 10

@Cindy132

See my update of today 25/4/17

Paul472
Level 1
Sunshine Bay, Australia

Having the same issue here. Only one review at this stage but I can't even see the guest review or my own of the guest????