Setting up my cabin!

Lesli9
Level 1
Denver, CO

Setting up my cabin!

We are finishing a large renovation on a cabin in the Colorado Rocky Moutains and are preparing to set it up as an Air Bnb. It is a three bedroom + loft, 2 bath cabin that can sleep up to 8 with a washer and dryer...I'm trying to figure out the number of towels, sheet sets, duvet covers, blankets, etc....I should begin searching for. Suggestions? Also, any other tips are VERY welcome as this is the first time we have done this! Thank you!

7 Replies 7
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Two duvet covers for each bed and three sets of everything else.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Lesli9 Will you be onsite and doing your own cleaning?

We live two hours away so not onsite but have a cleaner that will come in between guests.

@Lesli9 

I would discuss with your cleaner what the plan is. Will your cleaner be washing the bedding while she is there and putting them right back on the bed? You should still always have extra sets on hand in case sheets and towels are stained and you have a quick turnaround. I don’t give my guests access to these extras. I keep all my beds the same so I don’t have to worry about which sheets go with what bed. You are going to need a lot of towels. I hate "towels" and only by "bath sheets." Do regular towels even wrap around the average American anymore? Probably not. I would leave 2 towels per guest with a few hand towels. My biggest piece of advice is to always buy black washcloths. White will not last long.

Ha, yes...bath sheets it will be 😉 Now to find storage for the large amount of towells necessary....Thank you for the tips!

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

There are several great discussions about tips for new hosts.  Using the search function look up "tip".  Here is a link to a fairly complete post about setting up your listing.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/A-Host-s-guide-to-Airbnb-60-tips/m-p/409261#M101034

Welcome and good luck!!

Ryan779
Level 1
Davenport, FL

Check out comphy.com! They give wholesale pricing to AirBNB owners.