Slightly weird review ?

Scotia0
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

Slightly weird review ?

So I had a guest book last minute for 1 night last week. ASs I always do I messaged to ask what time they would be arriving so I could ensure I was aroudn for check in.

To say the guest was evasive about what time they planned to arrive would be an understatment, they finally said "i'll be on the last train or maybe later after midnight if I go to the party"  

I went back politely and said midnight was cut off check in, if this didn't suit I would I be happy to offer a full refund so he agreed then messages back and forth all day about changing the time but we agreed on 10.30. Then he asked about directions saying he knew it wasn't far from the train station, which it isn't but there are several  tube & main line stations close by so was trying to find out  which one he planned on travelling to so I could give him the right directions, he declined ot answer me then he said he would use his phone to find my place.

Then he messaged me at 2pm to say could he check in now, unfortunatly I was at my day job and couldn't accomodate this (if he had said this in the first place I could have arranged for him to collect the key). Anyway he arrived at 10 pm slightly drunk but went to bed and was no problem then left in the morning. 

Then left this review 

"Nice lady, not exactly like the model on the picture, but sensual, good-looking, a little bit lonely, brit character lady, so u can't expect a lot of acting of politeness, so go in... the fire, and hope for a good.. weather"

Wtf ?? My profile picture is a few years old not that I understand what difference it makes since this is Airbnb not tinder ?? Not sure if I find his comments annoying or offensive ?

54 Replies 54
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Scotia0 if you contact Airbnb I am pretty sure they will remove the review. It is offensive and has nothing to do with the actual accommodation. I would suggest contacting them immediately. 

Scotia0
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

Thanks Anna I have reported it, I posted on here as I wasn't sure if I was just overreacting or not 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Scotia0

That is bizarre. Call Airbnb directly and ask them to remove it. I think they would remove it based on the "good-looking" comment alone.

United Kingdom              

+44 203 318 1111              

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Scotia0  Yes, I should hope Airbnb would remove the review, although it says much more about him than you or your listing- I don't see it as being detrimental to your listing, it just appears that he maybe books places based on whether the host is female and attractive- hoping for a hook-up? Totally inappropriate, of course.

If they refuse to remove, I'd be inclined to respond "Guest seems to have confused Airbnb with Tinder."

Lol! Perfect response @Sarah977! 😂

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

hahaha omg... @Scotia0  you are lucky , immagine if he booked long term 😄

Mika8
Level 10
Zürich, Switzerland

..it seems that he really mean, what he wrote on his profile:

I think of myself as a nice, sporty guy looking to meet new people and exploooore more places mostly in Europe, so I am glad to meet new friends and parners

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Scotia0, that isn't slightly weird, it's really weird! You could probably get it removed but it would almost be a shame to. I would leave a public comment as @Sarah977' suggested - 'Guest seems to have confused Airbnb with Tinder'. Love it!

Also,  just curious as to why you left such a seemingly good review for him. Did you actually recommend him in your review? It's absolutely critical that hosts review guests honestly because, as I've stated over and over again, we hosts are all we have for each other. Based on your story, I would not have left that review at all. He sounds like he was going to be trouble from the start!

Scotia0
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

@Kath9 I left him an average review he was no trouble once he arrived and left the place clean & tidy, and apart from the faff about arrival time he was ok. I had no idea he was going to leave the sort of review he did 

@Scotia0, yes, I agree it can be difficult. In the past, I have left good reviews against my better judgement and received bad ones in return. It ALWAYS seems to be the ones you go out of your way for and now I'm beginning to recognise the red flags the minute they make contact. Thanks for sharing and happy hosting 🙂

Cindi0
Level 7
Bowen Island, Canada

So agree @Kath9 ! It's the ones you go the extra mile for who appreciate you the least. I have learned this over the years. 

Emiel9
Level 3
Utrecht, Netherlands

Crazy, this is against review rules so they have to remove the review. But since Airbnb doesn't have to follow their own processes I'm very curious what they do. Keep us updated and good luck hosting!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Scotia0   Did you see the review he left for the one other host he reviewed, who was male?

"It is near the beach bars and the southern but also city-beauties, as well as to the modern and aqua parks, u can have a naughty vacation in the city...."

I can't tell if "city-beauties" refers to beautiful things to see in the city or women, as his English is obviously not fluent, but he does appear to have a one-track mind. 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Scotia0, whoah! Have never seem a review that only focuses on the host's appearance and possible willingness '' ...so go in... the fire, and hope for a good.. weather... '' He describes himself as ''sporty'' and wanting new partners. Yikes. What a sleazeball.

This is a review which will not stay long, they will remove it. Thank you for sharing!