Slightly weird review ?

Scotia0
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

Slightly weird review ?

So I had a guest book last minute for 1 night last week. ASs I always do I messaged to ask what time they would be arriving so I could ensure I was aroudn for check in.

To say the guest was evasive about what time they planned to arrive would be an understatment, they finally said "i'll be on the last train or maybe later after midnight if I go to the party"  

I went back politely and said midnight was cut off check in, if this didn't suit I would I be happy to offer a full refund so he agreed then messages back and forth all day about changing the time but we agreed on 10.30. Then he asked about directions saying he knew it wasn't far from the train station, which it isn't but there are several  tube & main line stations close by so was trying to find out  which one he planned on travelling to so I could give him the right directions, he declined ot answer me then he said he would use his phone to find my place.

Then he messaged me at 2pm to say could he check in now, unfortunatly I was at my day job and couldn't accomodate this (if he had said this in the first place I could have arranged for him to collect the key). Anyway he arrived at 10 pm slightly drunk but went to bed and was no problem then left in the morning. 

Then left this review 

"Nice lady, not exactly like the model on the picture, but sensual, good-looking, a little bit lonely, brit character lady, so u can't expect a lot of acting of politeness, so go in... the fire, and hope for a good.. weather"

Wtf ?? My profile picture is a few years old not that I understand what difference it makes since this is Airbnb not tinder ?? Not sure if I find his comments annoying or offensive ?

54 Replies 54

@Inna22 Yuk. Female hosts who have to field this c**p from male guests should get like an extra $100 travel credit. He could be reported for discrimination- seriously doubt he would have said the same to a male host.

May airbnb should focus on this issue instead of hiding guest photos from us because we supposedly discriminate

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Inna22 

Geez, I wish once in a while someone would compliment me on my appearance. Visually we all have a use by date, and I think mine was about 20 years ago. 

I look back on this photo of me and youngest daughter Kate. She was 14 at the time so that put me at 45 years old. Its a blurry old photo, but you get my drift....

40778399_10156531896496420_2093112475883929600_n.jpg

Oh for days gone bye!

@Sarah977  @Helen350  @Kath9 

Cheers......Rob

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

You calling us old @Robin4 ????  (But Yes, Oh for days gone by!)

Scotia0
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

Thanks all yes it's gone, Airbnb said its content was irrelevant to his stay. I do worry about him booking to stay with future hosts though ? However Airbnb obviously haven't addressed that point ! 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Scotia0 

I have spent a bit of time in email contact about this future IB booking thing today, and I still can't get a positive answer but from what I have been told....... In the guest review process the category stars page has in the last few weeks changed again and the three category ratings for Cleanliness, Communication and Observance of house rules have once again been returned to the same page rather than separate steps and, if the host gives a combination of a 3 star rating for "Observance of House Rules" plus a No for the next step..."Would you host this Guest again", this will preclude the guest from using Instant Book again.

Now I have two opinions on this from my former colleagues and it is almost as though those who should know what the ruling is, don't!

I think it is evolving all the time and support are not aware of some of the changes as they are taking place!

I am so pleased that review disappeared Scotia, you didn't deserve that!

@Sarah977  @Inna22  @Kath9  @Helen350 

Cheers......Rob

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Scotia0 @Ana1136 @Helen350 @Robin4 @Sarah977 

Ivan is one dangerous dude... he should be suspended ASAP !  while I was reading comments on this thread I forgot on my spaghetti sauce on the stove 😞  I ate it...but it had slightly barbecue-ish smoke-ish aroma ... it could have been worse!

@Branka-and-Silvia0 haha nazdravje 🙂 I don't know the english word but I hope you will understand me 🙂 By the way I have had quite a few guests from Croatia these past few weeks and I randomly thought to tell you this morning how much I love them. I am guessing you have the same laws as we do because I don't even have to explain why I am taking their personal info, they wait with the passports ready and happy that they are staying in a legal accommodation 😄

@Branka-and-Silvia0 You should have "gone in the fire...and hoped for good weather!" - Then your meal would have ended up just as you wanted! 😉

@Ana1136   Hvala, of course, I understand 🙂  Yes, for me the easiest guests are also those from ex Yugoslavia... , we speak the same language, they are familiar with our locks, windows, city, mentality....and... the bed setting - they don't expect the top sheet! 😄  Even a hand held shower rose is perfectly normal, oh, it's so easy it's almost boring 😄

haha @Helen350  yes, go in the fire... and hope for a rain 😄 😄