Slightly weird review ?

Scotia0
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

Slightly weird review ?

So I had a guest book last minute for 1 night last week. ASs I always do I messaged to ask what time they would be arriving so I could ensure I was aroudn for check in.

To say the guest was evasive about what time they planned to arrive would be an understatment, they finally said "i'll be on the last train or maybe later after midnight if I go to the party"  

I went back politely and said midnight was cut off check in, if this didn't suit I would I be happy to offer a full refund so he agreed then messages back and forth all day about changing the time but we agreed on 10.30. Then he asked about directions saying he knew it wasn't far from the train station, which it isn't but there are several  tube & main line stations close by so was trying to find out  which one he planned on travelling to so I could give him the right directions, he declined ot answer me then he said he would use his phone to find my place.

Then he messaged me at 2pm to say could he check in now, unfortunatly I was at my day job and couldn't accomodate this (if he had said this in the first place I could have arranged for him to collect the key). Anyway he arrived at 10 pm slightly drunk but went to bed and was no problem then left in the morning. 

Then left this review 

"Nice lady, not exactly like the model on the picture, but sensual, good-looking, a little bit lonely, brit character lady, so u can't expect a lot of acting of politeness, so go in... the fire, and hope for a good.. weather"

Wtf ?? My profile picture is a few years old not that I understand what difference it makes since this is Airbnb not tinder ?? Not sure if I find his comments annoying or offensive ?

54 Replies 54
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Scotia0 @Sandra126  Yes I was thinking the same! I checked last night & his review was still there, but @Moira21 says it has gone now. Yes, it's SLEAZY, so much so, I wonder if he should be kicked off the platform...??  "Go in the fire, & hope for a good weather"  sounds like a euphemism for something no respectable female host would welcome! I even tried goo gling... but no joy! I hope Airbnb DO kick him off the platform...... if potential hosts can't cross-reference the sleazy review he wrote Scotia, then they won't have been warned to turn down his enquiry or ask for his IB to be cancelled.(Wish I'd reported him last night when the review was still up.) 

Helen350
Level 10

Just checked, the review is still there. (Which at least is a warning to others, if he is not kicked off the platform.... - but I hope he is!)

Moira21
Level 8
Bispham, United Kingdom

@Helen350  Hi,  O yes, seen it. It's buried down in with 2016 reviews. I thought for a moment Airbnb had done the decent thing. How rude is he.

Moira21
Level 8
Bispham, United Kingdom

@Scotia0  Hi, I hope he never books my place, he'd be really disappointed!!!

There's nowt as queer as folk

Moira21
Level 8
Bispham, United Kingdom

@Scotia0  Couldn't see the review so looks like it's been removed. 

Helen350
Level 10

@Moira21  Just checked, IT'S STILL THERE! I've gone on to his profile & reported him.

Scotia0
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

@Helen350 Thanks! I reported it last night and have messaged Airbnb no reposnse as yet ? I have juts chased up with another message, if I don't hear back fromt he by COB today I will send a slightly stronger message

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

Am I the only person who thinks that this review is a great warning to female hosts, single or not, that they do NOT want to accept a reservation from this horrible human being?

Helen350
Level 10

@Susan151 I agree!  - EITHER he gets banned from Airbnb OR the review stays to warn others.

Agreed, but only if the host cross checks previous reviews that guest has given. This isn't done all the time and can be tricky without AirReview.

Helen350
Level 10

When folk IB my rooms, I check their reviews, AND click on their hosts' pics to see what my new guest wrote about his/her past stays..... just to reassure myself.... - or initiate request to cancel - (which I've never had to do so far.)

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Scotia0  @Helen350  @Moira21  @Emilia42 

Scotia I am sorry to have to say, this review of his is front and centre of your reviews at the moment. Here is a screenshot I just took a couple of minutes ago....

Scotia review.png

It is currently showing second in your reviews!

Oh dear this really is turning into a problem .....this annonymous booking thing.

I can't imagine how a female host who hosts a private room must feel when something like this comes along. Airbnb are to be truly condemmed for not only allowing this situation but actually encouraging it to develop!

Scotia, I take it this was an IB and from that point you lost control dealing with him. 

You must surely be able to have this review removed.

But to the greater issue, what is it with guests now? Airbnb are promoting a level of guest entitlement which is nothing short of breathtaking!

Have a look at a pre-approval request I got this afternoon.........

Chan request.png

This to me is the complete epitome of a request from a potentially bad guest and as such I would never pursue.

This is the way I handled it......

Not possible.png

I declined the pre-approval and within a few minutes another booking came through which overlaped that guests required dates so it all sorted out.

When someone strings off a list of questions like that, there is no way I want to get involved with them!

Next thing I will probably get penalised.....we will see!

Cheers......Rob

@Robin4, thank god for instant book

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Robin4 great call, I would decline them too. I just got a booking inquiry with a guest saying that she has a special request - she wants beige chairs in the apartment (our chairs are blue). I don't see what difference does the chair color make 🙂 I of course declined her. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ana1136 

See this is only going on because Airbnb encourage them.

I wonder what Chesky, Nate and Joe would have said if a guest requested certain colour airbeds back there in that San Francisco apartment back in 2007!

Airbnb are giving guests too much power!

Cheers.......Rob