Smart pricing activated by itself

David-Erik0
Level 6
Berlin, DE

Smart pricing activated by itself

Hello, 

this morning I've logged my account and I've found absurd prices on all my calendar days (around 43) turned out that smart pricing was active for every single day. The only problem is that I do not use smart pricing since I've started to host... In the main settings of my account, is active but when I open the days of my calendar, I manually change it for every single day. 

Anyone else experienced this?

76 Replies 76

Hi Jude,

I'm a reporter from the Edinburgh Evening News - I've seen the posts about the smart pricing glitch and was wondering if you would be happy to speak to me about it for a story? Seems like quite a few people missed out on a lot of money through AirBnB's failings. Do let me know, Conor.

Maybe this might help??? Certainly at the moment Airbnb is dragging its heals.  I would rather deal with this with Airbnb but maybe I should talk to them???

S110
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

This has happened to me twice now, and the first time, I just didn't have time to investigate but the second one, I have contacted airbnb as to how my total came out to so low as I price each night manually myself. The answer I received was that my SMART PRICING as turned on. I do not use smart pricing as I do not make any money off it, but Airbnb does per booking. So I assume that they have turned it on without my consent. I have told them that i have never used nor turned on smart pricing and it was ALWAYS turned off. It is in their interest to have it turned on to attract bookings at the cost of the hosts losing money. I am still waiting for their reply after 90mins of conversation. It is suspect and shady what they are doing. Trying to blame this on me saying that i had smart pricing turned on when I always check that it is turned off and when i adjust my pricing for each night, i make sure it is turned off for a good reason. I will need to cancel the reservation as this cannot happen again the second time. And i'm glad i caught it this time. But this is hurting both the guests and the hosts, manipulating us to increase Airbnb's sales is unacceptable.  We need to be compensated as without any consequence, they will keep on doing this to other hosts for their own bottom line.