Strange Queries

Strange Queries

Twice I have received an inquiry from supposidly two different men about wanting to stay for a week or more due to moving to Salem for a job opportunity or looking for work in Salem.   

The first one back in May wanted to rent on a month to month basis for up to six months while looking for work before getting his own place.

The second one is also looking for work and wondered if he could use the kitchen and planned on staying for a week.

What I find so strange is that both of these people are from Silverton, which is about a 20 minute drive to Salem.   Perhaps they don't drive and need bus transportation.   Still, I find it strange they are both from the same city.  Ask questions and then do not commit to booking.  Neither of them had any reviews.

Does anyone else find this just a tad strange?

Thanks,

2 Replies 2
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Priscilla150 I seems Airbnb has a fairly primitive algorithm to matching hosts and guests. Once someone from particular city shows interest in your place come, they will tend to push your place to others from the same city. All of my places are almost next to each other yet I  tend to get bookers from Spain at one, Korea at another and never the other way around. 

Really, I didn’t know they did that.  Thank you for that information.