Super Host status

John1540
Level 2
Chiang Rai, Thailand

Super Host status

We host in Chiang Rai, which is located in Northern Thailand. In the past two years, since Covid shut everything down we have barely had any visitors. The nature of our property means it is located outside the city. Tourism as such is totally dead in our area. Entry into Thailand is extremely difficult and not really suited to tourists as such. We have had a few stay, but very few.

I am now being told by AirBnb that we will loose our Super Host status unless we reach certain totals of occupation. This will be impossible to reach as the Omicron variant of Covid is rife in our area.

Totally meaningless messages are being sent to us regarding how we can improve our bookings. Trying to contact anyone about this has proved impossible, I never get a response. Everything appears to be done by Bots.

Be interested to hear from anyone in a similar situation, and what they have done about it.

John

1 Reply 1
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @John1540

I'm sorry to hear you might lose your Superhost status in April, and appreciate your feedback on the recent update.

Throughout the pandemic, we’ve worked hard to help our Hosts adapt to the changing conditions of the pandemic, including changing the way we assess Superhost status for existing Superhosts. As travel continues to recover, and after two years of automatically extending Superhost status, we will resume our regular assessment process.

We will however continue to waive some of the Superhost requirements for select Superhosts in countries most heavily impacted by the pandemic, including Japan. After April 1, Hosts will be able to contact Airbnb support to see if they are eligible for an additional extension of status through July 1.

I hope this helps, and stay safe!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines