Super host status

Rani158
Level 2
Hamilton, Canada

Super host status

I am have been super host for the last 6 months, next assessment will be Jan 1st. when i check the performance it tells me that my Overall rating

is 4.7 which does not qualify me to keep my status at superhost but when I search my property from other account it shows that the rating of my room is 4.8? anyone have any idea about this ?
Thanks in advance 
18 Replies 18
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Rani158 

I think the 4.7 rating is the last 12 months and the 4.8 rating is for all the time you've been open.

Thanks for replying. I think you are right but how come? I have 15 reviews 5 stars, 3 review 4 stars and one review 3 stars, these are just the 2019 reviews.  how come this leave me with less than 4.8 stars

Rani158
Level 2
Hamilton, Canada

I have 15 reviews 5 stars, 3 review 4 stars and one review 3 stars, these are just the 2019 reviews.  how come this leave me with less than 4.8 stars

It shows in the superhost overall rating that I am 4.7 stars ?

anyone has an idea or suggestion ? 

Patricia55
Level 10
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

@Rani158  It could be calculated as follows:

15 x 5 = 75

3 x 4 = 12

1  x 3 = 3

75 + 12 + 3 = 90

90 divided by 19 = 4.74 approx.

based on this calculation my overall all is right thanks for the explanation. but what I found unfair is that the one who left is 3 stars was very unfair rating from a high school students who viloated the house rules and was the worst guest although we gave him everything he needs and on the top of that he left us 3 stars review which gonna cost me to lose my superhost title. I tried to contact Airbnb to remove it but they said the Airbnb policy does not remove rating but can give us the right to reply ? any way or solution to solve this ? it is really frustrating for me 

@Rani158 The Air Bnb review system is less than perfect and tends to favour the guest rather than us hosts.  Despite a  recent new approach about the review being fair and honest, it appears that if you run into a vindictive host, there's really nothing you can do about it except always right a review on the guest that is fair and honest. If you had a problem, there is a box which is Private where you can make your suggestion to the guest. I suspect that Air Bnb have access to that comment you wrote, which you could use as an argument to reestablish your Super Host credentials-in theory. Air Bnb is holding all the cards, so the house always wins.

Another suggestion is to have a minimum age limit, I myself would never rent to high school students.

Good luck and don"t worry too much about the Super Host title that was taken away, work on getting it back.

@Patricia55 hi and thanks for the formula.   It's good to know.

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Rani158 what are your stars for the last assessment period?

not sure but i guess around 4.8 or 4.9

8 five stars

1 four stars 

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

In the last quarter, for October, November and December?

8 five stars

1 four stars 

so apx it is 4.88

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Mike-And-Helen0 

The assessment period is every 3 months but statistics are taken from the proceeding 12 months. The assessment on Jan 2020 covers all statistics from 1st Jan 2019 to 31st Dec 2019

Thanks @Jeff158 I didn't know that.