Super host status

Rani158
Level 2
Hamilton, Canada

Super host status

I am have been super host for the last 6 months, next assessment will be Jan 1st. when i check the performance it tells me that my Overall rating

is 4.7 which does not qualify me to keep my status at superhost but when I search my property from other account it shows that the rating of my room is 4.8? anyone have any idea about this ?
Thanks in advance 
18 Replies 18
Afua8
Level 3
Toronto, Canada

This review system is outdated,  ABB claim not to operate like  hotel but it review follow hotel standards and because of this many hosts are force to accept any nonsense from bad behaving, disrespectful and some dishonest guests in exchange for unfair review especially when hosts go above and beyond for the guests.

Kerrie21
Level 2
Pittsburgh, PA

I’m curious if anyone knows if SuperHost status still gets you increased visibility and placement? It seems we’re dropping on the searches even though we’re 9 times  consecutive SuperHosts. Many listings with lower ratings or no SuperHost status appear ahead of us in the local searches 

Steven165
Level 4
Chiang Mai, TH

I had same conversation with them this week. I have 71 5 stars out of 80 but it was over lifetime not one year. Silly system that crucify's hosts but they don't care and told me today they won't discuss it again - VERY rude.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Rani158  @Steven165  @Kerrie21   @Afua8  @Mike-And-Helen0 

You can't do anything about it....and Airbnb won't either. I am so frustrated with getting 5 stars in every category but ending up with a 4 star overall....copped my last one just today .....

latest 4 star review.png

I have copped 17 reviews like that....nothing wrong, nothing to be improved on, just not worth that 5 star overall. The end result of this is this is how my profile looks....

Category star ratings.png

With just 3 x 4 stars for cleanliness out of 297 reviews and everything else 5 stars I should be sitting on an overall 4.9 but, because of all these 4 star overalls when every category was a 5,  I am sitting on a 4.93. That really isn't fair! If the guest had complained about something, I could understand it, I would have something to work on but, when 17 guests tell me every was perfect, but just not 5 star perfect, I consider, the problem should be Airbnb's to sort out......not mine!  Don't mark me down for 'nothing' I have done wrong!

Cheers.......Rob