Superhost - Is it really about quality or is it about quantity? Would love a reply from AIRBNB

Mateus-And-Chloe0
Level 1
Barcelona, Spain

Superhost - Is it really about quality or is it about quantity? Would love a reply from AIRBNB

I am a user of aibnb : host and guest.
The platform is not what I make my living from , is something that add economically and also in life experience when we feel like hosting.
Clicking on our profile it is easy to see taking the reviews in consideration how we exchange with our guests and hosts.

We recieved airnbnb´s SUPERHOST status last year, but as explained we don´t make our living out of hosting even that we love to do so. 2 weeks ago we received an e-mail to inform that we lost our SUPERHOST status because we have to  : "Host at least 10 trips within the last year".
So it makes us wonder , is the SUPERHOST  a quality or quantity evaluation? My question is only because we are still hosting the same way, we just re-started hosting and had another 2 5-stars evaluation.
Could you please get us a point on this AIRBNB?

As your e-mail also states : "You´re still super to us" , the only thing that made us care about the status loss is that we realize that on the new searching tools there is the "SUPERHOST" filter.

Hope to get a point on it,

Thanks in advance,

Mateus and Chloe

3 Replies 3
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Mateus-And-Chloe0, I think they have made a cut off point for statistical purposes. You need a figure to start getting averages! Is this a New Idea or a general question? Host Voice section of the forum is for ideas only.

It is both - you must meet the minimum number of trips at the minimum standard of 80% 5-star ratings.  It is a combination.  

As someone who hosts more than 10 bookings a month in my own home, with a 100% average of 5-star rating, it is troublesome that someone who isn't a power-booker/host like myself is in the same mix as someone who doesn't even host one guest a month and maybe is at the 82% rating.  But that's what it is right now.  

If you have a suggestion - like how you think there should be a variety of "super host" designations, then offer them up.  Just complaining doesn't really help Airbnb improve.  

I'd be all in for a "leveling" system - Power Super host, Casual Super Host, Unintential Super Host, Working on being a superhost and needs your help .... whatever that looks like, and assign those categories to hosts on the site.  

Helene0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Post moved from Host Voice to a better section inside the Community Center.]