Syncing Calendars with Google account- need some help

Syncing Calendars with Google account- need some help

Hello guys,

I'm new to Airbnb hosting and I need some help from the experts. I was able to sync my calendar with Google Calendar in order to share it with the Housekeeping Manager, so she is aware of every check-in and check-out and to schedule the cleaning in between stays. I own two properties and sometimes we have back-to-back bookings in both and she needs to have visibility to the calendars.

The issue that I'm having is that when I sync the calendar with Google, the booking is only showing until 12:00 midnight the day before the check-out.

In the example below, I have check-outs on the 1st, 3rd, 9th, 15th, 19th and 25th of July.

The "green bar" in the Airbnb calendar (only in the Airbnb webpage) appears slightly covering those days in the morning, because the checkout is about 10:00am. So the bar from one guest ends in that day and the next bar with the new guest starts the same day. In the 9th, 19th and 25th, the bar ends that day and there are no new guests.

July 2017 AIRBNB.JPG

However, when you look at synchronized Google Calendar, the appointments appears only until 12:00am the day before of the check-out, so Google Calendar doesn't pull that small bar that is slightly over the check-out date.  Take a look at the picture below and look the at the following dates. All the bookings ends at:

- 12:00am of the 1st

- 12:00am of the 3rd

-12:00am of the 9th

-12:00am of the 15th

-12:00am of the 19th

-12:00am of the 25th

July bookings Google.jpg

(As a reference I inserted a white/red rectangle along the names for privacy purposes)

I want to share my google calendar with the housekeeping manager and shee needs to see exactly the same calendar as Airbnb, not until 12:00am the day before.

Can someone help me here with this technical issue? Any other way you guys share your calendars with housekeeping managers?

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks

Dennis

1 Reply 1
Tim209
Level 7
Honolulu, HI

@Dennis-and-Maitee0 Hey Dennis, we were having a similar problem communicating check-in and check-out dates/times with our cleaners for multiple properties. We ended up writing some code for ourselves, which took some effort, but in the end, we decided to release it to the public for free. It should be able to communicate with your housekeeping manager in the way you describe. Check it out, TurnoverBnB.com