Threat regarding Bad review

Ashish11
Level 2
Sindelfingen, DE

Threat regarding Bad review

Hello Dear friends,

I want to share an experience and need your advice regarding the same.

Recently one guest booked my Private room for 1 guest/ 1 Night.  When he arrived I was shocked to see 2 persons. I politely asked that you booked only for 1 person but he told my friend will stay with him.

As check In was around 21:00 so I allowed 2 persons and immediately arranged extra pillows, Quilt etc for additional guest and told them that you made a mistake in booking  and for 2nd guest you need to pay extra as per my listing cost details.

They reacted like that they didnt understood anything.

I raised this issue to Airbnb throught resolve center. In respond to this My guest has written back that I should take my request back otherwise I will spoil your Ratings.

Please guide me how to resolve this issue. Should we get afraid of such guests and take my request back to save my ratings? or fight further? 

The topic which I would like highlight is that now Guest also understand the power of bad and good rating and taking this as a Tool to negotiate or threaten..

7 Replies 7
Denis-Mark0
Level 10
Lahnstein, Germany

@Ashish11 The fact that the guest threatens you with a bad rating is a violation of the Airbnb guidelines. Keep the message, it serves as proof. AirBnb will sanction the guest and delete any rating.

https://www.airbnb.de/help/article/548/was-ist-die-airbnbrichtlinie-zu-missbrauch-von-bewertungen

Was ist die Airbnb-Richtlinie zu Missbrauch von Bewertungen?

Bewertungen sind eine Möglichkeit für Gäste und Gastgeber auf Airbnb, ihre Erfahrungen mit der Community zu teilen. Jeder Versuch, andere Nutzer mit Bewertungen oder Antworten auf Bewertungen zu etwas zu zwingen, zu dem sie nicht verpflichtet sind, ist ein Missbrauch der Bewertungen, den wir nicht erlauben. (Erfahre mehr darüber, wie Bewertungen funktionieren.)

Diese Richtlinie betrifft unter anderem die folgenden Situationen:

• Gäste, die damit drohen, Bewertungen dazu zu benutzen, um von ihrem Gastgeber Rückerstattungen, Ausgleichszahlungen oder eine gegenseitige positive Bewertung zu erzwingen.
  • Gastgeber, die von ihrem Gast eine positive Bewertung verlangen oder fordern, als Gegenleistung für eine anteilige oder komplette Rückerstattung der Buchungssumme eine Bewertung zu überarbeiten. Gastgeber dürfen auch keine kostenlosen oder vergünstigten Übernachtungen anbieten, um einen Gast dazu zu bringen, eine bereits bestehende Bewertung zu korrigieren.
  • Gastgeber, die einen Gast auffordern, als Gegenleistung für die Lösung eines Konflikts zwischen den beiden bestimmte Schritte in Verbindung mit einer Bewertung vorzunehmen.
Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Ashish11 sorry to what happened to you. For a threat do a guest mention in Airbnb message? As if they do that you can ask a stuff to take down a review as it was illegal to the community.

If not, If you have a proved like a photo or other evidence that the guest come as 2 person. I think you can request a money and if they refuse to pay you can ask Airbnb to help.

In Personally, I think you should act as your own house rule.

Thanks for the advice. I have taken the screen shot of his message.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If a guest did this to me i.e. threatened a bad review I would have asked Airbnb to cancel the entire booking. 

in fact you could have asked Airbnb to cancel anyway if theY booked for one and turned up with two.

Jim472
Level 10
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

From everything I've seen and read as long as you have proof that they're going to do a, not sure of the word, retribution review perhaps, then airbnb should take it off your listing once they do. You'll still be able to call them out as schei** heads and maybe, hopefully, they'll get the banhammer. 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Cheap guests, @Ashish11. Demand the extra payment and contact Airbnb ref their threat. 

PS. You might want to change your listing title to 'A stone's throw away from...' as what you have has a slightly difference connotation 🙂

thanks for the advice.