Toilet Paper

Denise80
Level 9
Hamilton, New Zealand

Toilet Paper

Does anyone have a 'formula' on how much toilet paper to leave for guests? 

We host our holiday home remotely which sleeps up to 6 people. Our cleaner leaves a full roll on the holder plus a few rolls in the cupboard as back up. Usually 3 spare rolls for a weekend. They are not the double length rolls, just the usual sized rolls as the big ones do not fit properly. 

I know some hosts leave a starter pack, I prefer to leave enough supplies as I was annoyed when I stayed at an Airbnb andI had to buy extra paper, so I don't want my guests to feel nickel and dimed 🙂

The last guest just mentioned (nicely, not in a review) that they ran out of toilet paper. We have had the extreme of one lot of guests who went through 18 rolls in a weekend. Yes, 18 rolls, and they were used as the cardboard inners were in the rubbish bin!

So, how much is enough?

2 Replies 2
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Denise80, how long is a piece of string? Some people seem to go through ridiculous amounts of toilet paper, but I  would think for 6 people, 2 rolls per day should be more than enough. Maybe throw in a couple of extras for good measure. Beyond that, they should buy their own!

Susan1404
Level 10
Covington, GA

@Denise80- my cabin can sleep up to six and I generally leave two rolls per person for a weekend stay (2 nights).  If the stay is longer than that, I will leave up to 3 rolls per person.  I think using 18 rolls in a weekend is very wasteful, but there is no way to control that sort of thing unfortunately.  You can state in your house rules that you are willing to supply X amount of supplies and guests will be responsible if that amount is maxed out.  That way you are at least off the hook for trying to figure out how much is needed.