Trouble with Salt lake City enforcement code

Sandy184
Level 2
Herriman, UT

Trouble with Salt lake City enforcement code

I really need all of your help in this. I have been running short term vacation rentals for two years now. Just yesterday I recieved a letter saying that I may not use my home for this purpose, and i am to remove my listing immediately. I have just spent over $40K getting this beautiful home ready. I really need some insight as to what to do. There are SO many rentals, how are you all doing? Have you had this problem? There are companies such as Wasatch Homes that have a fleet of homes operating. 

3 Replies 3
Susie150
Level 2
Austin, TX

I'm in salt lake and have not had am issue yet so I don't have advice. But what did they say was the issue? Loud guests or parking issues?

Laura2966
Level 2
Austin, TX

Hi, did you get a resolution? I just got that letter this week:(

One idea is to not do short term rentals. Rent it long term to people, 2-6 months or more. Not thru Air BNB.

@Sandy184 I can see you posted this quite a while ago, I bought a property in Salt Lake City and I started renting it out in Feb (after quite a bit of expense and time) and by April I had received a letter stating I could no longer rent it out either. So now I’m having to rent it out for at least 30 days at a time.  This is inconvenient, and also makes it hard for us to stay there when we want to enjoy our home as we had planned and to make it financially successful also. Did you ever figure anything out successfully?