Trust and safety unresponsive

SarahandMatteo0
Level 1
Lisbon, Portugal

Trust and safety unresponsive

I’m the co-hosts of few properties listed and recently I had an issue with one of those Which I directly managing.
Basically the payout method has been switch to a Debit Card from unknown person ( due to a failure on their security system) and the payment of the reservation went through this card.
Only once I realized that the payment has not been received correctly I checked the payout method and immediately contact the customer service for highlighting this issue ( this was the 15th of august). After waiting almost 2 month I received an email from the Trust and Safety department simply saying.

"

Hello Sarah&Matteo,

My name is Pedro P from the Airbnb Trust team. We've completed our review of your account activity. 

The payout method you identified was added from a trusted device. We have confirmed that there has been no unauthorized access to your Airbnb account.

We are not able to intervene in any outside agreements you may have made granting others access to your Airbnb account. Disputes about this payout method need to be addressed with anyone who has access to your account.

"
I asked to be contacted by phone, but the trust and safety department is unreachable and managing by a third party company which is out of Airbnb.

So even if I've  the prove that wasn't me to have change the payout method as,

1. I have been told that there was some suspicious login activity coming from Madeira and Israel which I confirmed wasn’t me as I’ve never been there.
2.the payout method added wasn’t from an authorized device cause I’ve not received any text on my phone for approval neither an email concerning this payment method change alert ( so you should have a track of that )

I'm not able to get in contact with anyone else for reviewing this case. This is unacceptable and unprofessional.

2 Replies 2
Maxine3
Level 3
Plymouth, United Kingdom

Change your password and change the payout method back!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @SarahandMatteo0 ,

So sorry to hear about the issue you are facing. When was it you last contact the CS team? I've shared this forum topic with them for extra information pertaining to the case.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines