Trying to help guest book - payment methods not working?

Jenny13
Level 1
Augusta, GA

Trying to help guest book - payment methods not working?

I've been going back and forth with a prospective guest who is from another country. He seems eager to book, but is complaining about not being able to find a compatible payment method. In particular, he says he's using a credit card, but it's not working. I don't know how payments work with Airbnb in his country. He's started to express that he wants to go to other payment methods outside Airbnb. I don't want to get scammed, but I also want to make sure that I haven't done anything to inadvertently block int'l guests or their payment options. Is there something I'm overlooking that would prevent him from booking?

2 Replies 2
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Jenny13 no, you are not doing anything wrong.  You are correct in not accepting cash payments as they have a way of unraveleing reservations not to mention that it is against Airbnb's Terms of Service. 

I would let this guest resolve his payment issues with Airbnb.  Having Airbnb work with guest payments ensures that you will get paid. If the issues don't get resolved, well, perhaps Airbnb saved you from a problem guest.  

@Clare0 Thank you for the confirmation.  He seems to have gotten his issue resolved, and the reservation has been accpeted.  It just raised some red flags for us though, and we wanted to be sure we hadn't inadvertantly blocked a payment method.  Thanks for easing our worries.